Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis (Downtown East - University of Minnesota - Metrodome) The Commons, a Noble House Hotel

huskergirl
By huskergirl,
in

I've found a $78 rate for a 3.5* hotel in downtown-east University of Mn area on 8/25. Amenities listed are:  Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.  Thoughts? 95% recommended.  Not the boutique listing.  Thanks in advance!

ETA:  Hmmm, I wonder if they downgraded the Commons on Hotwire?  I've won it on Priceline as a 3.5*, but I thought it used to be a 4* on Hotwire.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be that the Commons has been downgraded to 3.5* since last reported to the board.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I believe The Commons has indeed been downgraded to the 3.5* level... i have updated the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the insight.  Still working on this trip.  My travel dates are actually 8/25-8/28, but it looks like I'll have better luck booking each day separately.  (I have a cancellable room near the airport/Mall of America that I booked months ago as a backup, but now I'm trying to find a deal and save some cash or upgrade for the same price.) That being said, since we always stay at the Commons, 

I'm tempted to splurge Thursday night on the 4.5* Downtown hotel listed for $94.  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.  Maybe the Radisson Blu? Though the W and Le Meridien have similar amenity sets.

For 8/26 I found a 3* in the downtown east area for $59. Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.  Those amenities sound like the Aloft.

I start all my searches, etc. with the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links here.  As always, thanks!

Best guess for the 4* Downtown for 8/25 would be the Radisson Blu.

For 8/26 i would agree wtih your guess of the Aloft.

If you purchase either of these please use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of this thread to report your win... then start a NEW TOPIC (or click the ADD YOUR WIN button) to continue the discussion or to report your win for the additional nite of this stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

PS- please follow-up your previous Hotwire Yonkers hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans..  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HOTWIRE Hotel in this zone did end up being The Commons.  Full amenities listed after purchase are free internet, restaurant(s), tennis nearby, fitness center, internet access.  Accessibility amenities are accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Rate was $81 at time of purchase.  With fees the total was $101.28.  Priceline had a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that I figured was the Commons for about $4 less, but I wanted to ensure we'd have 2 beds.  A quick check on the website showed the lowest rate was an advance purchase rate of $179 ($203 w/tax)

Thanks for your help.  I will start new threads for the other travel days once they are booked.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see it was the hotel guessed and that you're looking forward to another stay at this property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]