Hotwire Hotel: Help ID this hotel please

p902
By p902,
in

4-star Hotel in San Diego Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area

Dates: Aug 25 to Sep 2

Rate: $97

Amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, but my best guess for this one would be the Renaissance San Diego Downtown.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. I am sure it's not the Rennaisance downtown. The Rennaisance downtown is the one that has *new to hotwire* in its description.

Unless Hotwire has the same hotel under 2 listings.

I had earlier won the Rennaisance downtown but not too happy with it, thus my exercising caution and checking which one this is.

I may take a gamble and book one night to see what comes up....

52 minutes ago, p902 said:

The Rennaisance downtown is the one that has *new to hotwire* in its description.

The HOTWIRE offer with the amenity set above does list "New To Hotwire".

52 minutes ago, p902 said:

I had earlier won the Rennaisance downtown

It would be appreciated if you shared your previous win with the board as a NEW TOPIC.  In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite (before fees/taxes), dates of your stay, and the full amenity set (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of the HOTWIRE home page.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

5 hours ago, p902 said:

That means the BiddingHelper.com list is not accurate.

We don't use the 'New to Hotwire' designation since it's meaningless... we have seen hotels won for years that are now classified as 'new' to HOTWIRE.

In fact, if you look at this listing at both HOTWIRE and in the EASY VIEW TAB, you'll see the 'regular' HOTWIRE site shows 9 amenities... where as the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com shows 16 amenities; so which provides more useful information and which less? :wink:

Hi, not trying to start/prolong an argument here, but I am looking directly via Hotwire.com.

If you search and filter for a 4 star hotel in SanDiego:

You get a listing for " 4-Star Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area"

You also get one for "4-Star New To Hotwire Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area"

The latter, I can confirm is Rennaisance Downtown. The former is most likely to be a different hotel unless they have the same hotel under different listings and prices.

This distinction does not seem to show via bidding helper.

Occasionally the EASY VIEW tab will show hotels that are not seen in the regular HOTWIRE search, and vice-versa.

So what are the amenities and price of the 'other' Embarcadero hotel?

The zones for this area have recently been updated/changed and the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is now in this zone... that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

3 hours ago, p902 said:

I'll update with results if I go ahead...

Please follow-up your thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]