Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Eagan) Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South

gncrbenson
By gncrbenson,
in

Ok - first time this has happened to me.  I booked a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that was 2.5 stars and 7/10 guest rating, and received this hotel, which was a 5.7/10!  I tried calling but waited forever so then tired the online chat, and they looked into it and offered to cancel it or let me keep it for 20% off the price I paid.  I cancelled it.  They told me that ratings are dynamic and change quickly but I"m sorry, that's still pretty far off from 7/10.  Now I will be wary of this happening!  Guess I'll try again.

Thank you for sharing your win and experience with the board.

Do you happen to recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS showed and associated with this hotel prior to your purchase?

I will add that the above is the exception and not the rule.  I have seen a few examples where the hotel i believe was being offered was .1 away from the review rating showed by PRICELINE EXPRESS (so the actually hotel was 6.9 vs the 7+ that was shown by PRICELINE EXPRESS)... but never one so far out of line as in your situation above, i would say this was a 'one off' and honest mistake by PRICELINE. (it's also possible that the hotel had two reviews at 7.0 and very recently received one poor review at 3.0, which would bring the previous 7.0 user review down to 5.7... but i would have suspected that PRICELINE would not show a review rating until they had enough user feedback where one review would not have such a dramatic effect on the overall rating)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]