Priceline Hotel: Need help with 3.5* New York hotel Oct 22-25

DP999
By DP999,
in

Hi - I've been trying to bid 3.5* hotel in New York city but no success so far.  I'm hoping for <$180 per night before tax and fee (travel date Oct22 -25).  We'd like to stay in the city center areas.  Would you please give me some advices?  Thank you very much!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Please confirm the bids that you have made so far (max price, zone, star rating) and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts on how to proceed. Also, please confirm exactly which zones would be acceptable.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi AaronJB - Thanks for you response!  I have bidded in the following zones: Time square, midtown east, grand central terminal, Rockefeller, Madison Square, midtown west, Central park, and Empire State Building area.

For star rating, I started from 3.5* up.  I'm hoping to get $190 max price before tax and fee.  

Thank you in advance for your guidance!!

27 minutes ago, DP999 said:

I'm hoping to get $190 max price before tax and fee.  

.. but how high have you already bid for a 3.5* hotel in the zones above?

How about this 4* Empire State Buildling hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page)... there are no amenities showing, but my guess would be the Avalon hotel, which gets good reviews and at $185/nite is within your budget.

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your suggestion!  I'm not familiar with PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.  Do you think this is a great deal and should I book it right away?  Does price fluctuate?  I know that this is almost at my $190 max.  I'm kinda hoping to get a better deal if at all possible.  Avalon hotel seems a bit further from subway right?  This will be our first time in NYC.  Is it a safe area? 

Thanks again for all your help!

2 hours ago, DP999 said:

Do you think this is a great deal and should I book it right away?

You were looking to pay up to $190 for a 3.5* hotel or better... this property is 4* rated.  So yes, i think this is a good deal for this expensive time of year in NYC.  Currently the next best deal in midtown is a 4* in the Rockefeller Center zone for $214/nite or a 3.5* in Chelsea for $214/nite.

2 hours ago, DP999 said:

Does price fluctuate?

Yes, as with all rates the price could fluctuate, but worse would be if the offer disappears entirely.  This property could be the one offered between now and your check-in date OR it could disappear the next time you search.

2 hours ago, DP999 said:

Avalon hotel seems a bit further from subway right?

Not at all (what would make you say this??)  In fact you're 2 blocks from the 4/6 train, 1.5 avenues (equivalent to 3 blocks, as 1 avenue = 2 blocks) from the 32nd/34st Sixth Ave station where you can catch the B,D,F,M,N,Q,R trains... and one more avenue over where you can catch just about any other subway line.  So basically you're about 5 blocks from just about any subway line you could want.

2 hours ago, DP999 said:

Is it a safe area? 

Yes, it's safe (but you should use common sense and caution at all times, just as you should/would in any other large city)... it's also 1.5 blocks from the Empire State Building.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: the very next post after yours was a user winning this hotel thru PRICELINE for just about the same rate as above but for a month earlier (and rates in NYC typically increase as we go thru the Fall season)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's gone as the price has now gone up to $221 per nite.

I'm not currently seeing anything that meets your criteria for under $190/nite, but HOTWIRE does have a 4.5* Chelsea hotel for $196/nite with:

Shuttle, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

==> however, i don't have a guess as to which property this may be

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]