Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 10/19 - 10/22

luuuluuu
By luuuluuu,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The most limiting factor is going to be your budget.. how much are you expecting to pay for a room (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

I'm very familiar with NYC so if you let us know your expected budget we will have a look and start to make some suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

October is part of high-season for NYC (not the peak of high-season, but still part of high-season nonetheless)

I'm seeing what i believe to be the following:

Avalon Hotel for $179/nite

Arlo Hudson Square for $186/nite

Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side for $188 (actually very good reviews for this Holiday Inn)

Any of the above of interest... or do you want to try bidding for a slightly lower price, but then not have the ability to try to target or guess the specific hotel that you may receive?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That was the best of what i saw earlier... were you ready to take the Avalon at $179/nite?

No interest in either of the others?

Hi, 

I didn't get Avalon for 179/nite..

I quite like this one comparing to the other 2.. and tried again just now, but no luck.. Did I bid the right one? Empire State Building Area - 4-Star Deluxe - 7+?

Any other suggestions maybe? no good ones around low 200?

Thanks,

The areas I believe I would love to stay are:
Midtown East
Central Park South
Upper West
Upper East

The below 3, not sure about,, but would like if they are good:
Grand Central Terminal - UN
Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park
Madison Square Gardon - Convention Area

Not a fun for area around Times Square - Theatre District

Comments regarding the zones below:

Midtown East - OK
Central Park South - confirm you're comfortable with the Hudson Hotel, which is well located and in this zone, but has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)
Upper West - typically not the most convenient for the average visitor
Upper East- typically not the most convenient for the average visitor

Grand Central Terminal - UN - most of area is OK but contains the One UN which is up to a 15 minute walk to the subway
Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park - OK
Madison Square Gardon - Convention Area - make sure you're OK with the Wyndham New Yorker which gets mixed reviews

Why not the Lower East Side, Chelsea, and/or Empire State Building zones?  What is it about Times Square that you're trying to avoid... as there are hotels in this zone (say along Eighth Ave) that are well located but also not part of the congestion/mayhem of the center of the zone.

Thanks a lot!

I got friends just came back and saying Times Square is a bit over crowded and probably not safe.. didn't ask in details, but it's her suggestion try to avoid that area. She stayed at one of the Hyatt opposite Empaire State building, which she thought the area they stayed is good..  But if you have some good suggestion, I'll definitely have a look! :)

well, even you thought the room size of Hudson may not be good, I'll leave it then.. lol

I don't particularly want to stay near/next to China Town, which I assume it may be a bit mixed.. I may miss some of the areas from my list due to lack of homework I've done so far.. Really appreciated if you can help me to get some great deals.. budge up to $250 if it's really good for 4 / 4+ stars

Midtown East

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park 

Lower East Side,

Chelsea

Empire State Building zones

Times Square

Thank you!

There is no reason to target Times Square, i don't see any reason to avoid it either... especially if you're using PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE and able to guess that the hotel being offered is likely one that is not in the center of Times Square (if you're looking to avoid the masses).  Even if do end up in the heart of Times Square, it's completely safe (imo), and there are plenty of ways to avoid the crowds by exiting your hotel and heading to the avenue away from Times Square and walking North/South from there.  As well, with only 3 days in NYC you will likely exit your hotel in the morning and be out and about all day, only returning in the evening or once before dinner to rest up a bit and drop off some bags you have may have accumulated while shopping throughout the day... you will spend the majority of your time away from your hotel.

I'm seeing what i think is the Avalon for $217/nite... or the Empire Hotel (Upper West Side zone, but in the southern part of the zone which makes it more convenient) for $226/nite should either of these of be of interest.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]