Priceline Hotel: NYC 4* Oct. 13-15

LauraM1014
By LauraM1014,
in

Hi, 

I'm traveling to NYC October 13-15 and am trying to get a 4* hotel in Central Park South or Rockefeller Center around $200/night (without taxes and fees).  One room, two adults. I've put in several bids over the last few days right under and above $200 (highest was $213 I believe) with no luck. Any tips?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, the Fall and early Winter are busier times of the year in NYC and rates can be quite high at times. $200 is not going to be enough at this point to win in Midtown for these dates, but you're not likely far off ($220-235 or slightly higher, depending on zone, but I'd try lower levels first.) Are Central Park/Rockefeller Center the only two zones of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will add to the above that when bidding 4* in the CPS the Hudson Hotel is a possible outcome, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... please make sure that this would be an acceptable outcome if you continue to bid the 4* level in Central Park South zone.

Not sure of your needs to only be focusing on the CPS and Rock Center zones, but i'd suggest taking a look at this 4* Empire State Building hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $213/nite.  There are no amenities showing but my guess for this property would be the Avalon Hotel, which tends to get very good reviews and is well located (the 6 train is one block east of this hotel, a major subway station 1 avenue to the west (on Sixth Ave), and Penn Station one avenue beyond that)

Would this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your feedback. That's good to know about the Hudson Hotel. I would be okay with Midtown East, but that makes me a little nervous as I don't want to end up on 1st Avenue and be really far east. I also would okay with Theatre District if it was farther north and away from all the craziness of Times Square. My nightmare would be staying in Times Square.

If I had to choose an area away from Midtown, I would choose Flatiron, which I realize isn't a specific area on Priceline.

43 minutes ago, LauraM1014 said:

That's good to know about the Hudson Hotel.

So is this not an acceptable outcome?

No interest in the Avalon?

How do you want to proceed given current bidding up to your limit has been denied and you have issues/concerns with other nearby zones.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked up the Hudson and would not be interested in staying there. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on Avalon because of the location, although I know it is a great price. I may bump my budget up to $220 instead of 200 and see what it gets me. I'm not extremely familiar with PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals - do they change often? Is it something to keep an eye on and book if I notice a price change?

Any ideas on what these hotels are?

<links remove>

I'm not extremely familiar with PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals - do they change often?

The same hotel could be offered between now and your arrival... or it could be gone the very nice time you search.

I may bump my budget up to $220 instead of 200

For help with PRICELINE EXPRESS please don't link to the hotel results (as the links will expire shortly after posting), please post the star rating, zone, room rate per nite, and amenities associated with the offer.  However, i see that the offers you did post that they are all over your budget (even if you increase your budget to $220/nite)... would you be wiling to spend more than this at this point in time?

Yes, it looks like I'm going to have to move my budget up to the $230's to be able to get what I want this time of year. 

Here's what I found on Express.

4*, Central Park South, Pet friendly, business center, and restaurant. Bed choice available $233 marked down from $315

4*, Rockefeller, business center, fitness center, non smoking, free wireless, restaurant. Bed choice. $237 marked down from 282.

4*, Midtown East, Pet friendly, free internet, business center, fitness center, non-smoking, restaurant. Bed choice. $234 marked down from $279

Any ideas?

Confirm your dates on the landing pages but best guess for each:

4* Central Park South for $233/nite ==> Hudson New York, Central Park

4* Rock Center for $237/nite ==> Club Quarters Midtown or Club Quarters Opposite Rockefeller Center

4* MIdtown East for $234/nite ==> The Lexington New York City

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Wow, thank you for your help. I tried to narrow it down based on amenities and couldn't figure it out - none of those that you listed even came across my radar. I'll let you know what I end up getting. I'm going to keep an eye on it for the next few days before I pull the trigger. Will be sure to use the BetterBidding PRICELINE links. 

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any questions. Definitely keep an eye on rates  though, as this is a fairly busy period and rates can go higher suddenly.

I was just looking at Hotwire Express and was wondering if you could help identify a few for me?

4* Midtown East - $236

90% recommend. Free internet, boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, business center

4* Midtown East - $229

70% recommend, fitness center, restaurants, business center, internet access, tennis nearby

4* New to Hotwire hotel in Midtown East - $243

90% recommend. free internet, airport shuttle, fitness center, restaurants, business center, tennis nearby, spa services

What's the best price you're seeing for Le Meridian Parker or The Warwick?

I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

I'm very familiar with NYC and if you let us know exactly what it is you're looking for we can pick out the best options that meet your criteria.

i haven't used the Easy view tab before - very helpful.

Ok, here's what came up with Easy view.

4* Midtown East, $227

Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

4* Midtown East, $228

Restaurant(s)

4* Midtown East $231

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* central Park South, $240

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* midtown East, $241

Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

Ideas on these?

Here's what I'm looking for - clean rooms with good reviews from travelers - I always look at traveler photos instead of hotel photos. The room itself doesn't have to be huge, but I would like a bathroom that's bigger than the size of a closet. I would like to stay in Central Park South, Midtown East, or Rockefeller areas. Not opposed to Hell's Kitchen/Midtown West as long as it's not on 9th or 10th avenue, and the same goes for Midtown East - I don't want to be on 1st or 2nd avenue. I've stayed in the Warwick before (got it for $170 through Name your own price in September last year) and loved that hotel. Trying to stay in the $220 range, but willing to go up to $240 if necessary. Preferably want a 4* unless there is a great 3.5 or 3* that comes highly recommended. Don't want the Hudson or Club Quarters. Amenities aren't a big deal to me.

I don't have enough insight for any of the MTE properties to assure that you won't end up on 1st/2nd Avenue.

The CPS property has a $20+ resort fee, bringing that way over your current budget... or would essentially $260+taxes per nite now be acceptable?

I'm not currently seeing the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS you reference above (i'm seeing a 3.5* hotel in this zone for $279/nite when searching for your dates)

I still think the 4* ESB hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) which i'm guessing to be The Avalon meets all of your criteria, is well reviewed, well located, and cheaper than all of the above... but ultimately it's your stay and you're the one that needs to be happy with the hotel you choose.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]