Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) W Hotel

freebird723
By freebird723,
in

Hello - We are staying for one night in NYC on 8/27 and need to catch an Amtrak train in the morning of the 28th so we are looking to stay close to Penn Station.  I am targeting the Madison Square Garden area and would love to stay in the Even Hotel - Times Square South.  Hoping to spend less than $165 if possible.  Would you be able to help with bidding strategy?  We have a longer trip planned for NYC in Oct and would like to check out the Even this time around to see if we'd like to stay there for a week when we return in Oct.

If you feel $165 is too low, I will drop to a 4* although am a bit afraid of getting the Wyndham New Yorker :)  Also open to other area suggestions if they are a quick cab ride.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Brooklyn Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and research the above stay.) Closing threads is greatly appreciated as it keeps the board organized and informs others reading the thread. Thanks.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Sorry, i thought this was the previous thread...

I'm seeing this 4.5* MSG hotel (confirm your dates on the landing pages) which i believe to be the Even Hotel, but it's priced at $185/nite... is this worth an extra $20 over your budget?  This linked offer should show:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

If you need to stay within budget, i wouldn't limit yourself to just the immediate Penn Station area... better to get the best deal you can on a hotel, and if you then have to take a $10 cab ride to Penn Station in the morning it's a minor expense relative to the cost of the hotel.

With the above noted i'm seeing what i believe to be:

W New York for $155/nite

Hotel 48Lex for $157/nite

Premier Hotel for $168/nite

Any of the above of interest... or do you want to take what is believed to be The Even hotel linked above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Decided it wasn't worth spending $185 and up to stay close to Penn Station so I decided to add in the Empire State Building and Midtown East areas.  

Using PRICELINE link, bid $139 for 4* in Empire State Building area and got rejected, added 4 1/2* and bumped up to $145, added in Midtown East and bumped up to $148 and was successful. Overall, not bad for a hotel in NYC for that price and the W gets decent reviews so happy with my win.  Thank you to all for your assistance!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and are looking forward to your NYC arrival.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]