Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) The Premier Hotel Times Square

Jremps
By Jremps,
in

Hi all - planning my first trip to NYC for my milestone birthday, from 09/16 - 09/22 (6 nights) and hoping you could help me out with hotel hunting.  I have checked Priceline Express and Hotwire, but given high prices for this time period, combined with the abysmal CAD/USD exchange rate, good deals seem hard to come by.  My criteria are as follows:

• Travel dates: Sept 16-22
  • Min 3.5* or 4*
  • Zones:
    • Chelsea
    • Central Park South
    • SoHo - Tribeca
    • West Village / Meatpacking
    • Union Square - East Village
    • Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen
    • Also possibly open to Time's Square / Rockefeller Center areas
  • Amenities:  Free WiFi is a bonus!
  • Budget:  Room rate of max $200 USD/night pre-taxes.  Looking for all-in of less than $1400/1500 - though please advise if this isn't realistic.

Open to trying Priceline Name-Your-Price if the Express or Hotwire deals don't come close to meeting the above criteria....

Many thanks!

Jessica

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Early B-Day!

Unfortunately, these dates are on the difficult side and $200 does not look like it's going to be realistic. I do think that you can get something not far away from that, however - probably in the $215-235 range, depending on the zone. The first few nights when viewed separately do look somewhat better than the the last nights. If a better deal could possibly be had, would splitting the stay be an acceptable option?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the reply Aaron. Definitely open to splitting the dates - never even did consider it! (I wonder if the last few dates are higher as Adele is in town then....)

I will have another look at options with splitting, and will put the budget a tad higher too....

2 hours ago, Jremps said:

I wonder if the last few dates are higher as Adele is in town

MSG only holds about 20K and while some will make the out of town trip or plan a vacation around getting tickets to the show, the majority will be local... the price difference is more likely due to weekend (Friday-Sunday) nites generally being cheaper in NYC vs. midweek (Monday-Thursday).  With midweek you have demand coming from both business travelers and tourists... whereas weekend nites most business travelers have gone home and it's just the tourists.

Let us know if you find any better pricing by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID (my quick search it appears you may still be looking in the $225 area) and we'll take it from there.

Are you coming in town for Adele? (if so, for which nite do you have tix?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Fair point weekend vs weekdays.  I've looked at splitting up the Fri 16th - Sun 18th, with another stay from the Sun 18th - Thurs 22nd.  I don't have tickets yet for Adele but I'm looking at buying them for either the Mon or the Tues.

Any help with what this hotel might be on PRICELINE EXPRESS?  I'm thinking the Wyndham Garden Hotel...?

4* Chelsea for $285/night; 7/10 rating

Pets Allowed
 Business Center
 Restaurant
 Free Internet
 Fitness Center
 No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Choose Bed:
1 King Bed - Nonsmoking Room - Wifi $285/night
Nonsmoking Standard Room $285/night
2 Double Beds - Nonsmoking Room - Free Wifi $306/night

1 hour ago, Jremps said:

I've looked at splitting up the Fri 16th - Sun 18th, with another stay from the Sun 18th - Thurs 22nd

Not sure if you have a reason to split as per above, but typically you would be better splitting 16-19 and 19-22 (not because it's 3/3, but because you keep the cheaper nites of Friday-Sun and then the more expensive nites of Mon-Wed.

... but make sure you're also saving money by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, since as per my initial (fairly quick) research above, i don't think you're seeing much/significant savings by doing so.

For whatever the dates are above (for $285/nite)... what is the best PRICELINE EXPRESS deal you're able to find for the remaining nites?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just purchased a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal hotel for 9/16 - 9/19 (thanks for the suggestion re: splitting those specific dates out).  Details:

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $223/night.

Amenities:

Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Centre, Fitness Centre, No Smoking Rooms.

8/10 Rating

It was the Premier Hotel Times Square, as I suspected :)

Am now going to take a bit of a breather before I tackle the more expensive 09/19 - 09/22!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was the hotel you were expecting and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Once you're ready, for help with the remaining nites of your trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]