Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Even Hotel New York Times Square South

ahammad
By ahammad,
in

Hello

I've been reading through the forums and hotel lists and I have seen some great deals pop up here. Hoping for a similar outcome for my trip and recommendations on areas.

I will be traveling with an infant, so it is important for the area to be safe/nice/clean.

The dates are August 12 to August 15, and I would like to keep the rate below $170 all in per night (the cheaper the better, of course). I don't care too much about facilities within the hotel, but it has to be rated well (i.e. not dirty, etc.) and has to have WiFi, as I will likely need to work for a few hours. I am guessing 3 or 3.5* can achieve that (not sure, need your input for that)...

In terms of which areas, as I said, I am not sure where exactly. However, we are going with another group that are staying at the Wellington Hotel near Times Square. We would like to be within walking distance to the Wellington Hotel. That group managed to get The Wellington on HOTWIRE for $130 + taxes and fees.

On a side note, not sure if I should post a topic like this here or on the sub forums for Priceline/Hotwire...I don't really care which of the sites I use for the blind hotels or the bids, so I created the topic here. Apologies if this isn't the place and I will gladly create topics in the appropriate forums if need be.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm seeing this 3* Central Park South hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $138/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
... best guess for this property would be the Hotel Wellington which would put you in the same hotel as your friends.

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you clicked the link above you would see that the offer is thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, which has different zone names/boundaries than HOTWIRE.

You stated above that you wanted to be close to the Wellington, and here i believe you can be in the very same hotel as your friends (can't get any closer than that)... is staying in the same hotel as the rest of your group not important for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Staying close enough is important, but doesn't have to be in the same exact building.

I also found the following:

* Central Park South - 3.5* - Business Center and Fitness Center for $132

* Times Square Theatre District - 3* - Business Center and Fitness Center and Restaurant for $120 

I am not familiar with the neighbourhoods but I suspect that the Theatre District one could be a little far? Perhaps a 20 min walk? What do you think?

I couldn't edit my last post above, but it looks like the Times Square hotel has a revised price of $109. So the findings are:

* Central Park South - 3.5* - Business Center and Fitness Center for $132

* Times Square Theatre District - 3* - Business Center and Fitness Center and Restaurant for $109

Based on the list of hotels here, I am guessing the Times Square one is the TRYP but I am not sure. I have no experience with this so this is simply a guess. There is no review score in there unfortunately.

Any comments on the potential areas of both of those?

Confirm all dates on the landing pages...

If you want the best deal / value for this trip i think it would be this 4.5* MSG hotel for $137/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this property would be the Even Hotel New York Times Square South which is a new property that has been receiving great reviews.  It's not walk-able to the Wellington but you could get somewhat close via the subway... or just meet your friends at your first spot of the day :wink:

I'm not seeing either of the other two properties you listed in your previous post above.

Let us know what you decide (and how it goes if one of the previous properties linked above) or how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide. If you could get the Even, that would be a tremendously good result, as that's one of the top-rated hotels in NYC on tripadvisor.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]