Priceline Hotel: Times Square Aug 26, 27 and 28

gayler
By gayler,
in

Looking to book a room for 2 adults in a nice hotel.  Was going to do a blind reservation but wondered if 4 star request really gets a 4 star room.  Looking to stay midtown, in the Times Square area more or less.  It appears that those rooms doing it blindly go for a bit under $150 a night.  Do they all have added hotel fees on top of that  (not including taxes).  Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see all hotels that have been reported to the board within each zone and star level in our Priceline Hotel List.

Most hotels in NYC do not have any 'resort fees' attached to them, but a growing number have been adding this additional charge, regardless of how the room is booked.  Using the hotel list linked above, you can then use our sister site ResortFee.com to look at the individual hotels and see which charge a resort fee. (the information at ResortFee.com is updated daily but relies on 3rd party information so there could always be some instances where no resort fee is shown but one is currently being charged)

In regards to your dates above, is this a 3 nite stay with check-out on Aug 29? 

There are quite a few options within your budget in midtown, but i will also point out this 4.5* Downtown Hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $133/nite and a 9+ user review rating with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Andaz Wall Street.  While not as convenient as midtown, this would be a very luxury experience and the property gets great reviews, so a trade-off between location and 'nice-ness' of the hotel, should this be of any interest

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would suggest this 4.5* Madison Square Garden hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $143/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Even Hotel New York Times Square South which is a new property that has been getting terrific reviews (as evidenced by the 9+ user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests)

You could also consider this 3.5* Central Park South hotel (again, confirm dates on the landing page) for $123/nite with:

Fitness Center
Business Center
==> my guess here would be the Ameritania Hotel

Personally i would go with the Even hotel above as it is centrally located and it would be worth the extra $20/nite (to me) for the higher star rating and to try the currently #11 rated hotel in NYC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]