Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) The Premier Hotel Times Square

Superabounder
By Superabounder,
in

Hello! I have not bid NYC in a long time. I was looking for advice on rebid strategy. I am thinking zones I would like would be Central Park South, Times Square, Rockefeller, MTE, West Village Meatpacking, Chelsea, Madison Sq Garden, Union Square. We do not need to be in any one place, but got lucky enough to stay in Central Park South a few times back 2-3 years ago (had to go through a time-share presentation though ugggh). Will use public transport, so if there are other recommended zones I would be totally open to them. We have no special activities planned that require a certain area - mostly just restaurants which we can travel all over to go to. Budget - since only two nights I would be good in the $250-$300 range if I had to, but would really prefer a better deal if I had a way to get that. Thank you in advance for any advice!

If you bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you bid and there are some hotels in the zone(s) above that some may prefer to try to avoid (although some have no issue with them and happily take them at the right price)... examples would include the Hudson Hotel in the CPS which is well located but is well located; Wyndham New York in the MSG is a NYC classic but is an older property and many prefer the more modern/newer that are available in the city.  Would these type of hotels be acceptable... or would you prefer to use PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE where you may be able to guess the hotel being offered and/or know the amenities associated with the property, feedback from previous guests, etc?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you'd like to move forward with PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE (and not bid on PRICELINE)

Is there a particular offer or two that is of interest?

What is most important to you for this trip... location, budget, hotel quality, etc?  If you let us know more about your needs for this trip we will be in a better position to highlight some of the better hotel offers that meet your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see a few offers that are in the desired price range: MTE hotel $197 7/10 rating. Amenities: Pets, Fitness, Business Ctr, Restaurant, Non-Smoking. Do you have any leads what that may be? Thinking Doubletree by Hilton, or maybe W Hotel? I primarily like convenient access to subway for getting around quickly, and would like as high quality hotel as possible, but budget would overrule my need for the best hotel quality. Also, do you have any feedback on MTE versus Wall Street/Downtown area? Thinking MTE maybe more convenient area for tourists? There is also a 4.5 star deal for a Times Sq/ Theatre district for $228. 8/10 rating. This could be worth the extra $31+ per night for me if a very fun area/perhaps nicer hotel/ overall better NYC experience. Amenities: Business/Fitness/ Non Smoke / Restaurant / Free Internet.Thank you for any advice. 

Confirm all dates on the landing pages:

4* MTE hotel for $197/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess would be the W New York Hotel

4.5* Times Square hotel for $228/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==>The Premier Hotel Times Square would be my best guess for this one

Midtown would be a more convenient location and a better 'launching pad' to start your day than staying Downtown.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]