Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Lower East Side - Chinatown) Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel

wyf
By wyf,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, $100 for NYC in general (not including breakfast, and there are very few 3.5-4*'s in NYC that offer breakfast) is largely seen during the slowest periods of the year. Rates are surprisingly decent given the time period, but unfortunately I don't think $100 is going to be possible for a 3.5-4* for these dates. For a 3.5*-4* in Midtown Manhattan for these dates without breakfast, you're probably looking at around $120-130.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Few questions to get started...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Which zones (by PRICELINE name) are acceptable to you for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you OK booking for double occupancy (when there will be 3 guests including your 3 year old)?

Are there any zones where you are willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the zone boundaries?  If so we can supply a strategy for those zones... if not, then you will have to stick with HOTWIRE and/or PRICELINE EXPRESS where you can try to take a guess as to the hotel beforehand (and therefore have a guess as to the location within the zone)

Let us know the information above as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we have me, my wife, 2year 4 month son and my mom.so 4 of us. We need 2 rooms anyway.

Near Time Square will be the best. But  midtown, midtown east will all be good. We need the hotel for 5 days from Aug 15 to Aug 20 (out).

Please just begin typing your responses in the text box below as there is on need to include quoting the entire previous post.

Sorry i missed the part about 2 rooms... you're all set on any occupancy issues then.

35 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Which zones (by PRICELINE name) are acceptable

7 minutes ago, wyf said:

Near Time Square will be the best. But  midtown, midtown east will all be good.

There is no 'midtown' zone on PRICELINE so to avoid any confusion please include the zone(s) that you're wiling to stay in exactly as they are named by PRICELINE.

Some zone comments:
Times Square Theatre Distirct - should be well located

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park - should be well located

Central Park South - should be well located but also contains the 4* Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards) so you'll need to decide if this is an acceptable outcome or not (would still be a possibility when bidding 3* since the star rating you choose is the minimum that you're wiling to accept, so your 3* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel)

Chelsea - some of the hotels can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway but this is still frequently bid as this zone is still considered to be very desirable with as it's a 'hot' area right now with lots of restaurants, boutiques, cafes, bars, etc.

Madison Square Garden - most hotels are very well located but a few can get a bit far west.  Also contains the Wyndham New Yorker which gets mixed reviews so you will need to decide if this is an acceptable outcome

Please let us know which zones are acceptable (and/or if you want to include Long Island City in this bidding) or let us know if you have any questions regarding any other zones, as i'm quite familiar with NYC.

Thanks.

I am interested in the following zones:

Times Square Theatre Distirct -

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park -

Chelsea

Madison Square Garden

Basically we will stay there to see NYC. Please let me know which zone you recommend. 10 min work will be fine for us I guess.

When bidding 3* in NYC you have FOUR re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* TS, Rockefeller Center, Chelsea, MSG...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, Rockefeller Center, Chelsea, LES...

Select 3* MSG, LES, TS, Rockefeller Center...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, LES, TS, Chelsea...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, Rockefeller Center, Chelsea, MSG, LES...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You can simply following the strategy above using 3.5* instead of 3*... if you get to the end and are rejected, then close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3 star level.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You probably are not using the correct zones as re-bid zones... you should be able to do all of the bidding above in one cycle.

What are the 4 re-bid zones you're using?  At which bid did you receive the duplicate bid message?

I select TS, and 3.5 STAR, enter 80 to bid, it turns me down and then I add Rockefeller and raise to 85 dollars and rebid.  turns me  down again and I add an Chelsea and raise to 90 dollars, and I keep adding zones and price.  after I finished the first set of bidding I was trying to use the link to start my second set, and it asked me to change something or Wait 2 hours 

Select 3* TS, Rockefeller Center, Chelsea, MSG...

1) Your first bid should include TS and Rockefeller Center and Chelsea and MSG (so ALL FOUR ZONE should be check marked)

2) If/when that is rejected you then should add a re-bid zone

See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained on how to determine your re-bid zones and confirm them with the board, or ask questions, before proceeding.

Sorry to hear that bidding was not successful. Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any additional questions. I'd also keep an eye on PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE to keep updated and get a current sense of direction for rates.

Hope the next round of bidding is successful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]