Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Theater District) W Chicago City Center

kgeaton
By kgeaton,
in

It's been a while since I've used PRICELINE and I'm helping my son (30somethings) and his friend book a hotel for his bday and the friend's bachelor party weekend.   He's not really concerned with amenities but wants to be as close to walking distance of Union Station as possible.  He would like to stay between $100-$150 and I wonder if it's possible to get a 3-4 star in that range for those dates?

I'm seeing this on HOTWIRE and I'm trying to figure out which Hotel it might be.  My best guess was W Chicago City Center but not sure.  Any thoughts?

$132 for 8/12 & 8/13  Chicago Loop Theater District.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

Welcome to Betterbidding.

One thought:

If they are looking for nightlife, they will not find it in the West portion of the Loop. I would highly (highly) recommend they look North of the river and not stay right by Union Station. It is incredibly easy to take a quick cab ride from Union to one of the hotels North of the river. On Saturday and/or Sunday (especially Sunday), a lot of Starbucks-type things are closed around Union.

A few views:

If they still want to stay near Union:

On HOTWIRE, there's a 4* in the Loop for $132 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly.

>> This is likely the W City Center, which is an easy walk from Union.

If they want to stay in a more central location: 

On HOTWIRE, there's a 4* in the Navy Pier-Millennium Park area for $159  w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

>> This is likely the Hyatt on Wacker. While slightly over your budget, keep in mind that if they are going to be going out at night and staying at the potential W mentioned above, I'd recommend taking a cab to nightlife and back and that is going to cost (not a ton, but it is does add cost.)

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, there is a 4* $158 in the Downtown-Millennium Park area (Please confirm after clicking on that link that the correct dates are showing) w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. 

>> Not yet ID'd/reported, but a guess would be the Swissotel with a new amenity set since last reported. If the Swiss, this would be a very nice win and essentially the same location as the Hyatt - it's a couple of doors down from the Hyatt.

Or bidding on PRICELINE

If they are okay with staying anywhere in a particular zone and want to bid, please let us know which PRICELINE zones would be acceptable, as well as desired star rating. 

Please let us know if you have any questions before bidding/booking. I'm also happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Updating to say we booked this deal through HOTWIRE last night and it was indeed the W Chicago City Center.   I'm not sure why he wanted to stay there but I showed him the city map and went over it with him in detail and this was what they wanted.   Now, hopefully they'll get double beds!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to give an update on the stay.  My son said that they obviously don't care much for Priceline/Hotwire guests because they were very unhelpful with any requests.   Two big guys and they wouldn't budge on giving them a double room (I warned him this might happen) but also they couldn't even get a cot because the clerk said the room they were getting was too small for a cot and even if they had gotten a cot it would have cost them an add'l $35/night.  He was able to get some extra blankets after several requests and they took turns sleeping on the floor. 

Sorry to hear they were not treated well by the hotel, but unfortunately one bedded rooms are very often the 'standard' in many large cities. 

I took a look at the hotel's own website and even for their smallest 'cozy' rooms, under Additional Amenities, it lists "Rollaway Bed Available" so it's disappointing they were told that it would not fit in the room they were assigned (or given some other means of accommodating their needs)

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]