Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Navy Pier - Millennium Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

RotoSwede
By RotoSwede,
in

I am looking to stay in downtown Chicago. Preferably North Loop but Magnificent Mile-Gold Coast, Millennium Park or Grant Park Areas will do. 

4 or 4 1/2 stars.

Not too sure what to bid.  Thanks in advance.

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal on Priceline for $136.  4 star in Chicago Loop-Grant Park Area.  Pets Allowed, Fitness Center, Business Center, Indoor or Outdoor Pool.  Which Hotel would this be? Seems like a decent deal. Is it? 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess for this 4* Chicago Loop - Grant Park hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $136/nite would be the Hilton Chicago (NOTE there is also a 'No Smoking' amenity associated with this property if you click thru on the offer)

Does this work for your needs this trip?  If not, and you'd rather bid, please let us know:

-are you willing to pay more for a 4.5* vs.a 4* OR if the goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay

-what would be your maximum bid

... we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes (if you take the offer above) or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lets bid!!!  I really would like to be in the River North-Magnificent Mile- Gold Coast areas. I think my group will need the nightlife/restaurants located around there. The least expensive 4* or better is the goal. Maximum bid of 125. 

I love your response time!!! 

Thanks!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the the hotel... please confirm if you're wiling to accept the risk that you receive a room with only one bed?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think that $125 may fall a little short, but if you want to give it a try...

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have EIGHT re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* River North...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Mag Mile...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* River North and Mag Mile...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If you check what is available via PRICELINE EXPRESS for same dates and area,  that is a good ceiling for your bidding.  Possibly a little less, since with PE you have the added advantage of knowing the amenities and an "educated guess" as to what hotel you might receive.

Make the comparison on the total numbers though, where all taxes and fees are included.  

Romelle

We will suggest a strategy for whatever you'd like, but at current prices i think you're likely looking at $125-$140 for a 3 star or $135-$160 for a 4 star... divided by 3 people you're looking at a $3-$6 difference per person, which may be worth the higher rated hotel.

Or better yet, i just found on HOTWIRE (using the EASY VIEW TAB and GREEN 'See All Amenities' button to see the full amenity set) a 4* in the Navy Pier - Millennium Park zone for $107/nite with:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower,

==> best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Regency which i think would give you a good location just a block from Michigan Ave and right on the south side of the river

Does this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs? (and if so, if you then switch to the regular HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com you can also choose a room with 2 Queen beds for $121/nite if you want to ensure comfortable accommodations for the 3 of you)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer) and we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you were able to take advantage of this deal (which seems like a great rate for these dates) and that you're happy with the results... we're glad to have been able to help!:smile:

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]