Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boutine Hotel in Downtown Boston Area

nicipags
By nicipags,
in

Hello,  I'm trying to decide between two different options for 8/29/16-8/31/16, but I have a suspicion that both of these deals will lead me to The Boxer, which I do not want (both say that the last person who booked received The Boxer despite wildly different recommendation ratings):

Option 1:

4* Boutique Hotel in Downtown Boston Area

$161 /nt

90% Recommended Favorite

Amenities: Free internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

Option 2:

$175 /nt

70% Recommended

Amenities: Pet friendly, boutique hotel, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access, spa services

I don't remember the boxer offering "spa services" when I last stayed there, but who knows what that could actually mean, and the self-service laundry is not an amenity I have seen for any of the 4 star hotels on the hotel lists here. Don't want to pay $175 a night for a hotel I really don't want when I could get it for $161. For clarity, I am making a separate post for my two options in a different area of Boston, I hope that's ok! Any help you can offer would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

These are two different hotels... the "Last person got ___" information is relative to the last person who bought a hotel at this star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.  Since these are both 4* hotels, and in the same zone, that is why they are showing the same 'Last person got ...' information.

However, I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Other than The Boxer are there any hotels you're hoping to avoid?  Any hotels you're hoping to target?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,  I'm trying to decide between two different options for 8/29/16-8/31/16 in the Boston Common-Theatre District Area of Boston:

Option 1:

4* Hotel in Boston Common-Theatre District Area (My best guess for this one is The Godfrey, which is a newer hotel that is not listed in the hotel lists for this area here)

$176 /nt

90% Recommended Favorite

Amenities: Free internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-Free Rooms, Fitness center

Option 2: (I think this one may be The Revere)

$177 /nt

95% Recommended Amazing

Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, boutique hotel, indoor pool(s), smoke free rooms, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center

For clarity, I am making a separate post for my two options in a different area of Boston, I hope that's ok! Any help you can offer would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Oops, sorry! Still learning the nuances here.  The Boxer is really the only hotel I don't want in this area.  I was hoping perhaps for the Nine Zero Kimpton.

Option 1 FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Option 2 FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Roll-in shower

Updating with full amenities from the BiddingHelper.com!

Option 1 FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

Option 2 FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I may be seeing a different hotel for the first one, are you by chance searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?  Here is what i'm seeing for each:

4* at $179/nite with:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> guess for this one would be The Boxer (NOTE that this differs from the amenity set for the hotel you listed above, so that may be a different property if you're still seeing the amenities above)

4* at $168/nite with:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> best guess for this one would be The Onyx

I will add that i'm also seeing the Omni Boston Parker House for $202/nite as well as the very highly reviewed Boston Harbor Hotel for $216/nite should either of these be of interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still seeing the following 4 hotels for 1 room, 2 people, 8/29/16-8/31/16:

Option A:

4* Hotel in Boston Common-Theatre District Area (My best guess for this one is The Godfrey, which is a newer hotel that is not listed in the hotel lists for this area here)

$176 /nt

90% Recommended Favorite

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

Option B: (I think this one may be The Revere)

$177 /nt

95% Recommended Amazing

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Option C: (Maybe Nine Zero?)

$161 /nt

90% Recommended Favorite

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Option D: (Maybe The Boxer?)

$175 /nt

70% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Roll-in shower

Hope this updated list helps, any thoughts would be appreciated, once again!  Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I was going to suggest that we start over with the information directly above but i'm only see 1 out of 4 of the hotels above when i search for your dates... are you sure the zones you have listed are correct and that the dates searched are correct?

Better yet... what exactly is is that you would like in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]