Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center) Hyatt At Olive 8

dreamerD
By dreamerD,
in

It would be greatly appreciated if you could list/confirm zone/s by name as the zone numbers will change any time that PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes the name of a zone.

Unfortunately, rates are on the high side for these dates; are you looking for $200 + taxes/fees or $200 "all-in" (taxes/fees included)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you. The two zones are:

Downtown - Pike Place - Waterfront - Stadiums 

Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union 

I'm open to other zones these just looked the most central with 4+* hotels but let me know if there are other decent options. I'd go to 200 + taxes/fees. 

We will suggest a strategy for whatever you'd like, but a few comments:

Based upon the current zone boundaries the "Downtown - Pike Place - Waterfront - Stadiums" includes the 'main' tourist areas around Downtown and Pike Place Market, but it also extends pretty far south near the Stadiums.  The Silver Cloud Stadium in this south part of the zone and gets very good reviews, but it is not in the 'heart' of downtown and is not that convenient to downtown, imo, although they do offer a shuttle to the downtown area.

With the above noted, at current prices i think a 4* is likely going to run you closer to the $250 area, so i would consider the following (confirm your dates on the landing page):

3.5* Downtown Pike Place - Waterfront - Stadiums for $132/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> although this property is below the 4 stars you are seeking, my best best guess for this property would be the Hotel Max, which gets an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so (assuming our guess is correct) you would be getting one of the more highly rated 3.5* hotels in the city and with a good location within the zone.  The hotel is known for having small rooms, but at $132/nite (vs. the rates i'm seeing for 4* properties for your dates) this would look to be a very good value (hotel also includes free wi-fi and a 'free craft beer hour' from 5:30-6:30)

If you would still prefer a strategy for a 4* we'd be happy to provide that for you, but thought i would first offer the suggestion above in case that was of interest and worked for your needs (as well as save you a bit of money)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. That is an enticing option but I'm not sure how sure your "best guess" is. Are there any other hotels you think it could possibly as well so I could check to see if I'd still be okay with it? I'd be happy to grab Hotel Max at that price. 

I am still interested in bidding on priceline so If you could provide the strategy that would be much appreciated. 

We can't see the hotel name either, so no guarantees, but the Hotel Max is the only guess i have for the one above.

Please first decide if you want to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel or bid (as there is no point in us taking the time to type out a PRICELINE bidding strategy if you go for the express deal), and if you do decide to bid, please confirm if you will keep your maximum bid at $200 or increase it, since i think that is likely going to fall short (and possibly substantially short based upon a current search i just made for your dates)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Correct, it's gone now :sad:

How do you want to proceed in terms of star rating and maximum bid, given my previous comments above?

When bidding 4* in the Seattle region you have TWELVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $218, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Shopping...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $218, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Pike Place and Shopping...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $223, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $228, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $233, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $238, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $243, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $248, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject or are unsure).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I bid up to $235 and then decided to try 3.5*. Bid up to 200 for 3.5* using a similar strategy to the one you described above to no avail. I'm wondering if I'll have better or worse luck the longer I wait but these prices seem pretty ridiculous. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

D

Unfortunately i don't see anything within your budget / bid prices above... at current rates you're likely looking at $230-$250 for a 3.5*... $250-$275 for a 4*.

You can either:

-wait it out and hope for lower prices (with the risk that they move higher while you wait)

-increase your budget

-lower your star rating

-include other zones that may work for your needs

-search MAPS and HOTELS.com to see regular rates for the area and also see if here is an 'outlier' that for some reason is less expensive than all the other options

Keep us updated on your progress and what you ultimately decide and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please post the details of the listing in the thread.

If you are seeing 4* for $289 in Downtown - Shopping District - Convention Center Area  w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>> This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but the Hyatt at Olive 8 or Motif would be possibilities, but I'd definitely lean towards the Hyatt.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]