Priceline Hotel: Chicago Hotel Help

Anna B
By Anna B,
in

Hello,

I am looking for help with bidding on PRICELINE for Chicago Trip

3 nights 07/30 to 08/02

2 people

Looking ideally for either Downtown - River North or Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast and would like to stay under $120/night for 3.5 stars and up.

Please let me know if it possible at all and whether any other area might be also nightlife accessible. What should my bidding strategy be?

Thanks,

Anna

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates i think it will more likely take closer to the $150 area to be successful for a 3.5* or better in one of these zones.  If you want to give it a try up to a $120 maximum bid you can try as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in Chicago you have FOUR re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* River North...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Gold Coast...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* River North and Gold Coast...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure or new to the subject)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the 3.5* level that is correct. (and double check again just before bidding if some time has past between this post and the time you begin bidding)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue with this stay is Lollapalooza, which is taking place (7/28-31) during part of this period. The first night of this period - which is showing seriously high rates - is what is causing the problem. Splitting the stay may be an option but the first night will be very pricey. If there was any way that this stay could be shifted forward one day that would help quite a bit.

Thanks for your advice but no luck so far - tried bidding up to $120.

Unfortunately, dates cannot be changed. So I am stuck with the higher rates..

What should my strategy be now? Does it make sense to try the same tomorrow? Or split up the nights?

Really appreciate your help.

You could try the same bids tomorrow... but the chances of success would be low.

I think you're likely looking at about the $150 area to be successful for a 3.5* or better for these dates, so it comes down to what you prefer... increasing your budget OR the inconvenience of having to change hotels mid-trip.

Are you flying or driving to Chicago?  What time do you expect to arrive?

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? (use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for a very good visual overview for rates in the area... using the filters on the left side of your page after you perform your search)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]