Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East) Sir Francis Drake

agenthehe
By agenthehe,
in

I know I've been more specific in the past but this time I'm just looking for a nice hotel/good deal in a particular area. I'll be in SF for my sisters wedding 8/12-8/16, I've been bidding 200-225 for 4.5 or 5* for a few days in Financial dist, South of market Moscone & both Union Square and not had luck yet.

I'll gladly take recommendations and would be willing to stay 4* as long as it's nice 4* and because I don't know the city like most I'm open to all suggestions that fellow bidders and the site may have!

Experienced on both sites if you have better recommendations on either.

Thanks for any help all!

Would the Financial District also work for your needs?

I'm seeing THIS OFFER (confirm your dates on the landing page) for what appears to be the Omni San Francisco Hotel, which gets excellent reviews, for $247/nite thru PRICELINE EXPRESS:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

You can also try MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything of interest and similarly priced right near the location of the wedding.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is ultimately no way to know whether or not prices will come down closer to the stay, but San Francisco has really ramped up in terms of hotel demand in recent years, and during a busy season it's definitely a risk to wait. The $247 is unfortunately above your desired budget, but the worry is that it can suddenly be $260-270+.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you do decide to wait you may want to book something thru RefundableRates.com (confirm the cancellation policy during the booking process)... this protects you from rates jumping and getting further beyond your budget, but also gives you the flexibility to cancel and book thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE should rates come down and move closer to your desired budget.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay looking at: 

PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in Union Square East Knob Hill for those dates. Amenities are: Pets allowed, Non smoking, Restaurants & Business center for $189 a night. 4* 7/10 guest rating, bed choices.

HOTWIRE 4* 90% recommend Boutique Hotel in Union Square East same dates same price $189 Amenities are: Non smoking, Restaurants Free Internet, Pet friendly & Business center. 

I assume, maybe that they are the same but the taxes & fees are way higher on HOTWIRE. was wondering if you guys knew what they were. Prices continue to go up, then came back down some so I feel I should maybe get it done. 

Thanks for all your guys help! 

I'm not seeing the 4* USE on PRICELINE EXPRESS when searching for these dates - are you still seeing it when searching?

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* USE $199 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Room Accessible

==>> Possible match for the Villa Florence.

4* USE $177 Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==>> Possible match for the Sir Francis Drake

You may see slightly different prices (+/- a few $.) Would either of these two potential options be of interest?

Please keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Confirm your dates on the landing pages (especially since there has been some confusing as to the actual dates of your trip) but i'm seeing this 4* Union Square East hotel for $189/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

==> best guess for this one would be the Sir Francis Drake

There is also this 4* Fishermans Wharf zone hotel for $221/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

==> the Best Western Plus The Tuscan would be my guess here

And this 4* Financial District hotel for $223/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

==> my guess here would be the Club Quarters San Francisco

All of these are within your desired budget... do any of these work for your needs this trip/

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

Ended up with the Sir Frances Drake as you had stated, thanks for the help! For those ever looking in SF, this hotel while not bad even with the old charm is 3* at best though for frequent travelers and the % are misleading that hotwire gives, but hotwire hot rates they basically give you the big FU when you tell them their rating system doesn't add up sadly. We actually ended up at the Fairmont the last night which was much nicer. Wish I'd have just ponied up the $100 more a night while we were there int he first place.

While good to see the hotel was the one guessed, sorry to hear this property didn't live up to your expectations.

HOTWIRE has gotten better in the last 2 years with their star rating system, but star ratings will always be subjective and each company has their own criteria to evaluate hotels... PRICELINE also rates this property 4 stars.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays are more to your liking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]