Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Millennium Park) W Hotel Chicago City Center

Fypast
By Fypast,
in

I'm trying to find out what this hotel might be. My best guess is Hyatt Regency, but I'd be curious what you thought:

4-star Navy Pier-Millennium Park

$98 for 8/5-8/6

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thanks!

I'd agree this would be a match for the Hyatt on Wacker.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and definitely let us know if we can be of further help. I'm very familiar with Chicago, so also let me know if you have any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks!

I've been tracking offers for this day for a little while now. Our other options look like the 4* Warwick Allerton for $113 or 4* W City Center for $102 (or whatever a bid might accomplish below that). Between those and the above Hyatt Regency, which would you personally recommend? I like the Hyatt being along the river (and the price of course).

Also, for a one night Friday, it looks like prices dip a little the week of. I've been thinking of holding off, but the $98 seems pretty low for a Friday.

Thanks again!

If you want us to try to confirm the ID for the W, please provide the full details of the listing (amenities, price, star rating, zone) and we would be happy to take a look.

If you are seeing the W, I haven't stayed at that property since it was given a pretty significant makeover a while ago, but it was a nice hotel when I did last stay. The issue that I have with that property is that there's going to be little going on directly around that property later at night or on Saturday/Sunday. The potential Hyatt would certainly be preferable from a location standpoint.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any further questions at all.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

How about these for same day:

4 star, Chicago Loop, $100

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

4 star, Chicago Loop, $108

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thanks!

From the Hotwire Hotel List the $100 property is a match for the W Chicago City Center... the $108 property matches the Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop; this would be my best guess for each.

Keep in mind this area tends to get quiet at nite and on weekends.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for this day. I'm seeing a couple on PRICELINE I'd like to run past you. Don't know if I should do a separate thread in the priceline section:

8/5-8/6

4* Magnificent Mile - Gold Coast

Rated 8.0 or higher

$109

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

4* Chicago Loop - Grant park

7.0 or higher

$102

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Also, one more. This one is from HOTWIRE:

4* Navy Pier

$118

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thanks!

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, I'm seeing:

4* Loop $112 Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>A guess would be that this is a new amenity set for the W City Center.

4* Gold Coast $109  Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>A guess would be a new amenity set for the Sheraton Grand.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with the city and if you let us know more about what you are looking for, I can then research and offer suggestions tailored towards what you are looking for.

Did you have any thoughts about the Navy Pier one on HOTWIRE?

We are ultimately looking for a fun place to stay for one night (we already booked a hotel for the rest of our trip). The W has a nice interior, but not a huge fan of the room decor. The Sheraton location by the river is appealing, but the hotel itself isn't very exciting from what I can see. Probably leaning towards W at this point, unless you have any additional input. Another big plus of the W is that we are flying in around 8pm... so a spot close to the train is nice, since it will be late and we will be carrying luggage.

If you're getting in at 8, the W is right off the train, but if you got off at Clark/Lake, it's not a long taxi ride at all to the Sheraton. Personally, I find the location of the Sheraton much more preferable in that there's more going on. I haven't stayed at the W since it underwent a massive renovation a few years back (the rooms and halls look way different now than they did), but I thought that was a very nice property when I stayed there. There's just not much going on directly around it.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any additional questions.

The 4* Navy Pier HOTWIRE listing you mention above would be a possible match for the Club Quarters Wacker/Michigan. I'd rather the Sheraton for less and the two hotels are not far from one another at all.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Did a few priceline bids, $80, $85, $90, then got it with $93. As predicted, it turned out to be the W City Center. 

As mentioned before, these were the listed amenities:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]