Priceline Hotel: Bidding help for Chicago

Pitle
By Pitle,
in

I'm looking for 2 rooms in Chicago from 7/17 to 7/20 in Chicago.

Minimum 3,5 Star

Unsure ablout the best Zones, but I guess

- Downtown - River North   

- Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast  

- Chicago Loop - Grant Park   

- Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park   

- McCormick Place - South Loop - Soldier Field

are fine. Can you please suggest hints and a price range for bidding on PRICELINE?

Thanks a lot.

I'm quite familiar with Chicago and would be happy to help. First, what would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Second, to kind of offer an overview of zones:

McCormick Place - South Loop - Soldier Field

==>> Somewhat close to McCormick Place convention center, museums and Chinatown, but little else. Not an area I'd recommend staying for tourists, more for those who are going to a convention and perhaps someone just coming for a game at Soldier Field.

Downtown - River North   

- Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast 

===>> Two halves of the area to the North of the river. MIchigan Ave shopping and lots of restaurants/nightlife in both the River North and Gold Coast areas.  If you plan to be out later at night, I'd recommend this area.

Chicago Loop - Grant Park   

- Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park   

==>> Downtown South of the river. These areas include both the South Loop and West Loop, which can be very quiet at night and (moreso West Loop) on the weekend.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

2 hours ago, Pitle said:

Still need the rooms. I was hoping for a rate from 100 to 120 $

At the moment it looks like anything 3.5* or higher in your acceptable zones is well out of your budget... with your arrival just a week away what is your current gameplan?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll leave this one for AaronJB to review since he knows the area best, but to stay within your budget you may need to stay out near Ohare... are you willing to commute about an hour to 'downtown' to stay within your budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]