Hotwire Hotel: Las Vegas Hotel - Delano with strip views 4.5Star Help in booking it

samf
By samf,
in

Hi,

Visiting Vegas 7 - 16 August (9 nights). We are 2 adults and our 12 year old daughter. Would really like to stay in 4 seasons but would like a separate room for our daughter as she likes her privacy and to watch her own TV. The 1 bed suites at 4 Seasons would really be out of our budget so I think the next best option would be at Delano as they are all suites but I would like a strip view. Is this possible on hotwire or priceline? I tried priceline last year for San Francisco and got a hotel in an area I didnt like but once you book you can't get out of it. I don't understand how to bid on it or the areas. If I know the Hotel I want and because I want a 1 bed not a basic room is this possible on any of the booking sites? We are from the Uk and the exchange rates mean prices are expensive at the moment. Is now a good time to book and what should we expect to pay per night inc taxes. I know there is $33 resort fee to be added when we get to the Hotel. If these 2 options would be out of our budget the Signature - Tower 1- 1 bed may be more achievable but as they have a lot of private owners I think the standard of rooms are not consistent and I don't like the idea of not having a cleaner etc.

Any help in achieving these hotels for a reasonable rate would be much appreciated. Choosing these 2 as they are good for kids - as we get to use Mandalay wave and lazy river but can go back to the quiet of the hotels own pool when all the party people hit the hotels at weekends.

Kind Regards

Sam

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This is a 5 star in the south Las Vegas @ $224. I will have to pay the resort fee and tax on top of this rate?

I think it could be Mandarin or 4 Seasons. Are there other Hotels it could be? Can you upgrade to Strip view when you get to Hotel?

Thanks for your help. 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you are two adults and a child, a suggestion would be to go for HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, as the former allows you to search for two adults and 1 child, which should result in enough bedding for the entire party (and that may be 2 beds,, 1 + rollaway or other combination.) Some HOTWIRE listings also offer specific bed choice options. PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price (bidding) doesn't guarantee more than 1 bed. Some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings offer bed choice as an option.

PRICELINE NYOP is for a basic/non-upgraded room. You can ask at the hotel regarding upgrades, but the hotel can say no or charge a fee. PRICELINE EXPRESS occasionally does offer "bed choice" on a listing and you may see an upgrade as a possible bed choice. For example, I'm seeing a 5* in the South Strip zone w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities for $121 w/bed choice. On the next screen, one of the options is a "Studio With Fountain View" for $144. This is likely a match for the Vdara. However, "bed choice" is not seen that frequently and I would not expect upgrades w/PRICELINE or HOTWIRE bookings because of the discounted rate. It never hurts to ask and maybe you will get lucky, but I would not expect upgrades going in unless you book a PRICELINE EXPRESS listing where the bed choice upgrade (in the case above, fountain view) is clearly defined.

I am also seeing a 4.5* in the South Strip on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $99 w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Free Parking, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. This would be a possible match for the Elara. When you click to the detail page, you'll find this is another listing with bed choice and options range from a 1BR suite for $149 to a 2BR for $383 and more. If this is the Elara, the 1BR/2BR suites at this property are certainly large.

In terms of getting a particular hotel, the discount sites are more geared towards flexibility, given the discounted rates, although occasionally you can find the hotel you are looking for.  Unfortunately, the Delano has yet to be reported to the board and I'm not seeing what appears to be the Signature for these dates.

In terms of getting a 2BR room, two separate rooms via a discount rate service are still likely going to be a cheaper option. Having the rooms be next to one another is not guaranteed, but you can ask at check-in or call ahead.

Are these the only two hotels of interest? What would be your desired max budget per night? Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to research and offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thank you.

The Four Seasons has been previously seen with that amenity set (Restaurant, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly, 5* Strip South) so that would be my guess.

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee as to whether or not the hotel will allow upgrades on HOTWIRE reservations. Sometimes hotels will not in general, sometimes it may depend on the day or it may depend even on who you talk to.

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Thanks for the tips - I picked Delano or Signature MGM as they have the best pool facilities for kids with the lazy river and all the pools and they have 1 bed suites so the living room has a sofa bed so my daughter can have her own TV and privacy - I don't want separate rooms  - for cost reasons. I am seeing the 5 star south strip for $224 but then when you add tax and resort fee its $3000 - too much. I have seen one at MGM signature an owners suite 1 bed - but I have read bad reviews about not using hotel as if anything goes wrong you have no come back. 

I don't know how you guys are finding the  5 star $99 rooms - I'm doing it wrong - you are all experts - how do you do it?The Delano are all suites so I suppose we won't get a bad room but its $3000 to book with them and thats too much - I would like to pay around $1800 max for 9 nights if thats possible. I also liked the idea that if the party animals take over the pool at Mandalay or MGM we have the option to go back to our Hotel and have some quieter time. The Elara and Vdara - are they mainly for party animals or are they good places. I know the Palazzo has suites but I imagine being in the centre of the strip is way over our budget. Trump Towers - is that too far out? We were going to hire a car and do Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and the Ghost Town a shopping mall and other sights so Signature offer free valet parking which is another bonus to go there as parking costs a fortune on the strip. 

I might be better waiting as will these prices drop as we still have 5 weeks to go or am I risking it?

Thanks again for all your advice. 

5 hours ago, samf said:

how do you do it?

We don't go to Vegas when there is a 85K person convention. :wink:

There is a magic convention taking place 8/15-8/17 with an expected attendance of 85K people (not to mention the 11K person convention taking place 8/13-8/16).

However, you have other issues...

You're looking for a 1BR suite and that is just not something that you'll typically find thru the discount providers.  Even the Palazzo/Venetian suites are not 1BR suites with a wall and door separating the two rooms, it's more of a sunken living room area that is separate from the sleeping area.

Most of the higher end Las Vegas Strip hotels now charge more for anything more than double occupancy, so be searching for 2adults/1child you're not only limiting the number of results, but also increasing the price.  With a 12 year old it's up to you if you're willing to book for double occupancy and not 'declare' your child and have her be with one adult exploring the hotel while the other goes to the front desk during check-in (assuming you can overcome your 1BR suite requirement and the pullout sofabed in a Veneitan/Pallazo type set-up wold be acceptable)... if so i think you can get your room rate cost down to about $125-$150 (before taxes/fees)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you worked with  MAPS and HOTELS.com yet?  It was mentioned several posts back.  An amazing tool.  It lets you see the rates of hotels over a specific area, and then refine by star level and other things.  

If you broke your stay into two parts, you might find more reasonable rates for the earlier portion of your trip - 8/7 to 8/12 or 13.  You'd have to experiment a little as the rates can start climbing a day or two before big conventions since people can choose an extra day or so just to enjoy the area.  For this part you might find a hotel you liked in the very central area at a rate OK for you.

Then look to the further out areas for the second portion of your trip, since you are thinking of driving to various outlying places anyway.   Just to get your thinking started, there is a lovely 5* resort out in the Summerlin area.

Maybe, if you can find the right specific hotel for the 1st portion of your trip, your daughter can get that separate TV.  But tell her "tough luck" on the second portion since you'll be out and about so much she won't have time to watch TV anyway?  Actually, while staying on the strip, there is so much to see and do that she might not want to spend time in the room anyway.  And if you walk her little feet off during the day, she will just fall asleep at night.  

Have you been to Las Vegas before?  While there is absolute magic there, there also are some less desirable areas and things.  I hope you research a lot ahead of time.

With your very specific room type requirements, you probably will have to book directly anyway, but the MAPS and HOTELS.com tool will make it a lot easier.  I find that the opaque bidding works best when I'm traveling by myself and willing to just cast my fate to the winds and see what happens.  The minute I have even one grandkid or son or friend with me, often I'm forced to book directly just to take care of everybody's requirements.  A second additional person almost guarantees needing to do direct booking.  

Hi,

Thank you all for your great advice. I know - life was much easier for travelling - but not richer when I didn't have to think of my daughter. We have booked with the Delano at $200 per night inc resort fees and taxes! I didn't want to risk getting a hotel that didn't tick all my boxes for pool facilities and separate room etc. I will gamble in LV but not on which hotel I get - I am not really a gambler.

I am a member of M life so I contacted Delano and told them the best rate I could get for Palazzo but I really wanted to stay with them. As my daughter is 12 they waived her additional room cost and matched the Palazzo rate of $145 plus taxes etc. Great result.

I am now trying to get the best rates for shows we want to see. We have lots of activities planned - I know there are areas of Vegas I would not want my daughter to see but we have always found the best restaurants to eat are in Las Vegas and the shows are amazing. We are hiring a car and going to Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, all the free shows on the strip - Fountains , Tresure Island etc. Also want to go to the Ghost town. We want to do CSI - my daughter wants to do forensic science, see Micheal Jackson, Penn and Teller and if J-Lo is not too expensive see her. May travel out to Summerlin - if thats not too far out. May see Legends show but that has mixed reviews and a bit of shopping and chilling but the Dollar is not good for us at the moment - 35 year low!

Once again - thanks again for your assistance. I would have booked had I seen the Delano on offer but probably because of the convention these offers would not be available.

One of my best mental pictures of Las Vegas is the Dale Chihuly glass ceilings in Bellagio.  Worth just wandering in to see.

I was going to add a candy factory tour, but just checked and they are temporarily closed for remodeling.  But the M&M store is great fun.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]