Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Maui (Wailea - Makena)

E46Evan
By E46Evan,
in

Hi All,

Traveling to Maul on August 26th - 29th (3 nights) and I'm looking to try to stay at a 4.5* hotel, would definitely prefer Andaz Maui. The max I want to spend is $350 USD/night but would love to try to get it around $300 to $325 (would this be possible?). I didn't want to do 4* because of so many other options at this level and would love to stay at Andaz. I've already went through the initial bidding process starting at $250 to $315 but to my disappointment it wasn't accepted. Will definitely keep trying but would you have any advice / strategies?

1. Will prices for hotels go down the closer to the date?
  2. I saw there was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 4.5* hotel deal at $400/night, is it typically Andaz? Also does this price adjust?

Thanks for the help

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

With PRICELINE bidding, you have to be willing to accept any possible hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen (and you can be upgraded if there is a higher star rating.) If there are hotels you are trying to avoid, I would suggest not bidding and looking at PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

If you are looking at a budget of $350 per night, is a PRICELINE EXPRESS listing for $400 something that you really want to consider? If so, please confirm the full details of the listing (including zone and complete set of amenities that you are seeing with the listing.)

There is absolutely no guarantee that prices will go down closer to the date. They may go lower, but they can absolutely go higher and may do so at any time. PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE prices can also change at any time, as well. 

Is the Andaz the only hotel that you are willing to consider? If not, what are you looking for in terms of hotel (location, style, etc?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Initially I picked the 4.5* because I was hoping to end up with Andaz but also reviewed all the other options at 4.5* and 5* and am okay with staying at any of them in the Wailea - Makena zone.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS listing is kind of the last resort and hoping not to have to do that. The Priceline Express option is cheaper than I could get at any of the 4.5*, which is the only reason I was considering it. Is there a way to know what hotel you would get with Priceline Express?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help so far Aaron. I'm still looking at places and haven't made a reservation yet. I'm seeing a Priceline Express deal that seems pretty interesting and was wondering if you could help me identify which hotel it could be. Details are:

4.5* Hotel in Wailea - Makena

8/26 to 8/29

Guest Score: 9 out of 10 (or higher)

$359/night

Mandatory Fee: $124.98

Amenities

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thanks,

I'm currently seeing a different property when searching for your dates, this 4.5* Wailea - Makena hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $401/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess for this property would be the Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui.

While the room rate for this one is higher than the one you were seeing earlier (assuming this is the one you see now), this one does not list any mandatory resort fee, so the prices of each are not really that far apart on an all-in basis.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you see the $359/nite offer thru the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab at BiddingHelper.com, copy/paste the link in a reply to this thread and i'll be able to click thru on it from there (although it's also possible that even when it does appear that if you clicked on it you would receive a message that it is no longer available)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing a 4.5* in Wailea-Makena for $361 w/

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities.

My guess for this listing would be the Andaz.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]