Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Berlin (Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz) Arcotel John F

CivicBlues
By CivicBlues,
in

Happy with this HOTWIRE win.  However, on Hotwire, it says "This hotel charges a resort fee which you pay at the hotel directly. It isn't included in your Hotwire total." -  Fee given is $12.40.  Anyone have any idea what this fee is for?  I've stayed at actual resorts in Hawaii which charged this obvious cash grab,  but this place just seems like a regular (albeit nice) hotel.

So my confirmation page read:

Hotwire total due today 304.29

Estimated resort fee due at hotel 12.40

Trip total 316.69

Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Thanks!

Congrats on your success.

Very good deal for this Berlin property and glad you are pleased with the result. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any details when I look online about what the resort fee is for. Expedia usually lists the resort fee on their website, but I'm not seeing it there. I'm not seeing it on the FAQ section of the hotel's website, either. If there is a resort fee, unfortunately resort fees are being seen more in major cities (such as NYC.)

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Sure no problem,

Amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Internet access

Spa services

I messaged another user who won this hotel last year to see if they have any insight into the Resort Fee.  Otherwise, I guess I will have to find out if they charge me once I get there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]