Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) The Westin Jersey City Newport

Jay from TX
By Jay from TX,
in

I bid this same area two years ago and got the W Hotel for $130/night so I thought I might get a deal again. I figured I could definitely do better than the over 200+ rack rates for the 4* in the area. Started bidding at $120. I was immediately offered a counter offer of $178/night. I declined and continued to bid by $5 increments for the first 4 re-bid zones and then $10 for the final zones. Rack rates: Westin $212, Hyatt $266, W $265. Priceline had a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for the Hyatt at $220 so I know I could probably get a hotel cheaper than $200.

Final:

Offer price:$160.00/night

Number of rooms:1 room

Number of nights:2 nights

Room subtotal:$320.00

Taxes & fees:$70.46

Total charged today:$390.46

I am happy with this deal. I hope to get an upgraded room with a view upon check in. :)

If you have any tips about the PATH train or the area just pass them on. This will only be my second time visiting NYC! Used the Quick Quote box to link to PRICELINE.

12 hours ago, Jay from TX said:

If you have any tips about the PATH train or the area

Closest station to this hotel is Newport which on the weekends will first stop in Hoboken and then proceed onward to 33rd St (no change of trains required).

If you're ultimately destination in NYC will be Downtown/World Trade Center area, and the weather is nice, it may be worthwhile to walk to the Exchange Place station and take the train to World Trade Center.

I'm quite familiar with this area so feel free to ask any other questions you may have (regarding the PATH or anything else in general)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]