Priceline Hotel: 2 weeks in NYC - Best strategy?

julia786
By julia786,
in

Hi there

New to the board but have been reading some threads to get tips - thought I would ask my own question.

I am travelling to New York on July 10th - July 23rd 2016. I am trying to get a good deal on a 3.5 star or higher hotel (I am travelling and will be working from the hotel often too so want something comfortable).

I'd like to stay under $200 a night or lower.

I'm pretty sure I was trying for the Even Hotel last night on Priceline express deals at $174 per night, but it would not allow me to complete the purchase. Priceline help said that the hotel availability and prices are not guaranteed on express deals and to try again. The same deal is at $200 today, perhaps I should wait a couple of days?

If you have any tips for me for negotiating a good rate, at a recommended hotel, that would be much appreciated!!

Julia

How about this 4* Grand Central - UN hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $167/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my best guess for this one would be the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central or the Club Quarters Grand Central

Would these work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't need to be any particular area, I have no places to be.

I'm looking for the nicest area to situate myself.

I'm just a little concerned about the midtown area as I'm a bit of a light sleeper and thought I might have a safer bet lower downtown?

You could get a noisy hotel downtown... or you could get a quiet hotel in midtown.  You know just how light of a sleeper you better then we do, but street traffic in NYC is substantially less in the wee hours of the nite vs. during the day, so personally i wouldn't make that as part of the decision.

With the above noted, i don't think you will hear much vehicular traffic at most hotels, if you do hear noise it will more likely be sirens (police, ambulance, fire, etc)... and this could happen just about anywhere in the city. 

If most of your activities are in midtown keep in mind that downtown would be a bit less convenient, so ultimately it comes down to what is more important to you for this trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you use the above method and see internet in addition to the above amenities (Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business), my guess would be the Holiday Inn NYC Times Square.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and definitely let us know if you have additional questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]