Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Gold Coast) Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

trvlnut
By trvlnut,
in

I am traveling 7/4 to 7/9 to Chicago.  Looking at the following express deal from Priceline.  Would you please help me identify the hotel?  My guess is the Hyatt.

Am I better naming my own price in this area?

Magnificent Mile-Gold Coast

$110 per night

Guest rating 9/10

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thanks

This would be a possible match for the Hyatt Chicago (on St Clair).

I see what appears to be the Godfrey on HOTWIRE for about the same price; that's a very nice property in a great location but my one note is that there is an open air bar on the 4th floor and I'd try to call ahead to get a room on a high floor. Let us know if this is of interest and we'd be happy to point out which listing is which.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions (city or hotel)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I would be interested in that hotel as well if you feel it may be a better choice.  I do like to workout so I prefer a fitness center that offers a pretty decent selection of free weights, if possible.  

Have you stayed at both hotels?  If so, why do you prefer one over the other?

Seeing a 4.5* in River North on HOTWIRE w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa for $114. You may see a slightly different price. That would be a possible match for the Godfrey.

I've stayed at both properties and wouldn't be against either. Main difference is location. At the Godfrey, you're in the River North area, and an enormous variety of restaurants are within easy reach but it's a mild walk from Michigan Ave.  If you're at the Hyatt, you are a block from Michigan Ave.  The issue that I have with the Godfrey is that that property has a bar with a retractable roof on the 4th floor. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that in terms of noise. Some have said that they have heard street noise at the Hyatt from the hospital next door, but I haven't heard it at that location over three stays in various rooms. I like both properties, but would request a higher floor in either (I haven't heard any noise at the Hyatt, but some people have.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at this property and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add the amenity set for this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]