Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Crystal City) Courtyard Marriott Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Ap

jhMLB
By jhMLB,
in

Amenities

Free high speed internet connection

Indoor pool

Exercise gym

On-site business center

Restaurant

Non-smoking rooms (generic)

Parking

Free airport shuttle

I've been trying a couple of days by searching for 3.5 star hotels on Priceline and bids up to $57 per night failed.

I checked the winning bids and I decided to downgrade to 2.5 star hotels on searches.

I checked the acceptable areas and desires and started with $30 bids and raised in increments of $2 and $3.

When my $48 bid failed, I noticed something very interesting - the next median average for the hotels showed up $88, and I bid $1 more at $49 and I got an accepted bid in Arlington - VERY close to the DC area and an area closer than I was expecting (I was prepared to settle for $56-66 range as far as Fairfax).

I ended up getting a 3 star hotel according to Priceline (and 4 stars according to google)

Yes!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board... glad to hear this worked out even better than you expected.

Can you please clarify which hotel it is that you won, as it's not clear from your post and/or topic title:

Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn ... in Arlington zone

Courtyard Marriott Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport... in the Crystal City zone

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]