Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn Hotel

nitad
By nitad,
in

Can you identify this hotel? I'm afraid because this is a big football weekend and all the hotels have jumped up their prices so I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.  I want to be downtown. Thanks for any help. 

The rate that is coming up on the Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel is 95.00 per night. Here are the listed amenities:

Amenities

Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s)

Accessibility

Accessible for hearing impaired Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility

95% recommended

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> if this is what you're seeing, best guess here would be the Omni William Penn

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It may be another hotel.

Here are the amenities:

Free parking,

Free breakfast,

Indoor pool(s),

Fitness center, Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Self-service laundry,

Accessible for visually impaired,

Accessible for hearing impaired,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Accessible parking,

Roll-in shower

The amenity set above is for a 4* Downtown hotel priced at $95/nite??  I'm not seeing anything like that when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are yo usearching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Alternately you could go for this 4* Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $99/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess here is also the Omni William Penn

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

no, I am searching for September 9-10, one room. Here is what it shows

$291 *

$95                        Downtown Pittsburgh area boutique hotel 

per night                         0.0 - 1.2 mi   | Map

Sale!

LOVE IT

67% off

95% recommended Amazing!

Pet friendly, 

Boutique hotel, 

Fitness center, 

Restaurant(s), 

Business center, 

Internet access

5 hours ago, thereuare said:

Alternately you could go for this 4* Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $99/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Are you clicking the link above and seeing something different than the amenities that are also listed immediately above? (or are the dates different than what you're searching for)

If the amenities that you posted above were thru HOTWIRE you're not going to see the complete amenity set unless you use the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' link next to the offer... are you searching as indicated thru the BiddingHelper.com and clicking the green 'See All Amenities' button?

Do you want what is believed to be the Omni?  If so, why not just take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer i have linked above... it's $2 more than the HOTWIRE hotel (on an all-in basis) and it's by far the least expensive 4* hotel offered for these dates. 

If this offer disappears and all other things remain equal, you're then going to be looking at paying nearly $300/nite for a 4* hotel for this nite... and should our guess of the hotel be wrong, you're still getting at hotel that is far less than anything else for these dates and (thru PRICELINE EXPRESS) are assured it's good quality based upon the 9.0+ user review rating.

Yes, I agree with you. I guess I am just curious about the hotel here. No worries. Now my husband just wants to stay Saturday if we can get a decent rate. So I am going to bid for Saturday through your PRICELINE link. Not sure if I can get even half off. Pricing certainly jumps over 300.00 for the same hotels on Saturday night. I will start a thread if I win a bid there. Thanks so much for your help. 

21 minutes ago, nitad said:

I will start a thread if I win a bid there.

Please DON'T start a new thread...

If you don't win a hotel for these dates then 'close' this thread indicating that you canceled the trip (or whatever you do end up doing for this trip)

If you do win something (either thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE) then use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of the board to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your win... the entire thread will (if necessary) be moved to the correct section of the board.

If you really want to make this trip i would tell your husband that you have a great rate for Friday nite and that you're doubtful you will get anything for Saturday nite, as that is the way it looks to me at the moment.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I blew it. I waited too long and lost that great price of 99.00 per night on PRICELINE EXPRESS. That deal went up to 134.00. I should have taken your advice right away! So I started bidding at 80.00. Went through almost every zone raising it 2.00-3.00 per bid before they accepted my bid of 125.00. I saved a little, I will be in town for the Pitt vs. Penn State game, it will be a great time.  All's good! I really like the Omni William Penn. It's a great hotel!

Thanks so much for your help. I used the PRICELINE links here on the site. 

The amenities were listed as: 

Pet Friendly

Non-Smoking

Gym

Restaurant

Handicap Accessible

Business Center

Congratulations on your success!

While not the lowest you had seen this property for these dates, still a very nice deal for this nite and glad that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]