Priceline Hotel: Priceline help for NYC

asusta
By asusta,
in

Hello, we are going to have a trip to NYC this July and unfortunately I heard about betterbidding a few days ago. We would like to stay at Manhattan preferably walking distance to Times Square, Central Park and Broadway. And from priceline I think the following areas seem to be suitable

Midtown East

Central Park South

Madison square

But when it comes to the price Downtown Wall Street area seems to be the most suitable.

We would really appreciate if you could give some tips about which area to stay? Also is there anyway to understand whether free wifi is available during the bidding process?

ps. Our budget is around $140 at max. and if possible we would like to avoid resort fee charges.

Welcome to BetterBidding! (we're glad you found us! :tongue:)

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to know if Internet will be offered for free at the hotel that you win.

Here is some of what i'm seeing thru PRICELINE EXPRESS that i think should be of interest (confirm all dates on the landing pages):

4* Chelsea for $132/nite believed to likely be the Hotel Indigo (less likely, but still possible, chance of the Doubletree Chelsea)... this would be about a 15-20 minute walk to Times Square, but if you didn't walk that far you could take a very short subway ride (the subway would also get you to Central Park as well).  You didn't include the zone above but it's a 'happening' area and considered to be desirable by most

4* Grand Central for $135/nite... only a Restaurant amenity listed, i'm guessing either the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel or the Club Quarters Grand Central.  The two hotels i'm guessnig are both well located, but should we be wrong in our guess, do note that this zone can go pretty far east (not desirably as a long walk to the subway)

4* Rockefeller Center for $136/nite... beset guess here would be the Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center which is well located.  Rooms won't blow you away but are 'basic' and clean.

I also see what i think is the St Giles The Court for $122/nite but  would need to do further research for increased confidence if interested in this one.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on any of the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your suggestions and quick reply. The reason that I didn't choose Grand central area 4* hotel was no wifi included in priceline deal. Fitzpatrick wifi is $15 per day and it makes the price around $150.

Do you suggest that I try bidding, is there any chance to find out a $140 hotel near $120 by bidding?

And what about downtown wall street area is it worth looking for a stay or is it very far away from the atttactions and doesn't worth bothering the subway rides?

Thanks in advance.

If you bid on PRICELINE you could receive a hotel that does not offer free wifi (which as per your comments above seems to be a requirement).  If you need to do work while traveling or be on the internet for an extended period of time, then you would obviously want internet access in your room... but if you only need to 'hop on' for a few minutes every now and then there are plenty of places for free internet in NYC... Starbucks, McDonald's, even outdoors at Times Square offers free internet.

Downtown is do-able for the right price, but not ideal, as it's about a 20 minute subway ride to midtown, which isn't the end of the world, but if you come/go to your 2 roundtrips that is nearly 90+ minutes of commuting (when including times waiting for the train) that you could have otherwise been enjoying NYC.  It also gets quiet at nite and during the weekends (less so now than 10-15 years ago, but still not as 'active' as the rest of the city)

Why not the 4* Chelsea hotel believed to be The Indigo? (always confirm your dates on the landing page)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]