Hotwire Hotel: NYC 8/31-9/3 (NOW: 8/30-9/3)

jtrower
By jtrower,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your Priceline New York City thread from last year. Additionally, for this stay please let us know more about what you are looking for: desired budget per night, star rating, acceptable zones and any other information.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

6 minutes ago, jtrower said:

We did not end up going last year.

Nobody reading your previous thread will know to look here to learn that you canceled the trip... please conclude that thread with your decision (that you canceled the trip) and then reply here and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

When you do reply here please indicate your expected/maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) so that we can see what the best options are within your budget.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, this site is quite hard to navigate.  I tried deleting the original post from last year and couldn't figure out how to.  I didn't know I needed to just post to "close" it out.

I have a backup hotel in NJ at $130 per night.  Not sure if I can beat that price in Manhattan.

Where is your back-up hotel at $130/nite? 

If you could get a hotel in Manhattan for $135/nite i assume it would be worth the extra $5 to stay directly in NYC?  What about $140, $145, $150, etc, etc... what is your maximum bid fro a NYC hotel? (or are you only willing to spend up to your $130 back-up hotel in NJ and the convenience/experience doesn't factor into the decision at all.. only absolute price)

Also, if you didn't, please use our other sister site RefundableRates.com for your future back-up reservations (maybe even now you can find something better than your current back-up :wink: )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

Where is your back-up hotel at $130/nite? 

It is the Holiday Inn Express.  I am also looking at some private rental homes for about that price.

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

If you could get a hotel in Manhattan for $135/nite i assume it would be worth the extra $5 to stay directly in NYC?  What about $140, $145, $150, etc, etc... what is your maximum bid fro a NYC hotel? (or are you only willing to spend up to your $130 back-up hotel in NJ and the convenience/experience doesn't factor into the decision at all.. only absolute price)

I think I would like to stay around $130-140

It is the Holiday Inn Express

Which one... Jersey City, North Bergen, Carlstadt?

6 hours ago, jtrower said:

I think I would like to stay around $130-140

You could get a 4* hotel in the Downtown area within this price range... would you want to lock this in now or are you still weighing your NJ options?

12 hours ago, thereuare said:

Which one... Jersey City, North Bergen, Carlstadt?

North Bergen

You could get a 4* hotel in the Downtown area within this price range... would you want to lock this in now or are you still weighing your NJ options?

What would the hotel options be in Downtown?

I am still weighing in staying in NJ, but considering I am flying in from LaGuardia, that might be too much of a hassle.

On 6/18/2016 at 0:59 AM, jtrower said:

Visiting NYC for the first time

Do yourself a favor and stay in Manhattan... you will have a much better experience, especially for a first time visit.  As well, figure $2.50/pp each way via the jitney bus and you're looking at $10 in commuting costs; money that is better spent toward a hotel in Manhattan vs. transportation, imo.

You're likely looking at something such as the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District or Club Quarters Wall Street around the $135 area.  Staying downtown is do-able for the right price, and while not ideal (vs. staying in Midtown), it's better than staying in North Bergen (there the HI Express is basically at the intersection of two major highways).

Let us know once you've made a decision as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 1 month later...

At this again! Trying to find something in Manhattan.  Anyone know what this would be? On Hotwire

4-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Madison Square Garden area;

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired

Please confirm the price for each listing as it will make it easier for us to locate the same hotels among the offers.

Additionally, I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Also, assuming the hotels above are over the price if your NJ back-up, are you ready to commit to a higher price point at this point in time?

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for a NYC hotel?

4 Star $143.00 Madison Square Garden:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4 Star $161.00 Rockefeller Center

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

I have given up on NJ.  I have refundable hotels now but had to split up between two hotels for costs.  I am trying to find one hotel for all four nights, around $800 all in.

NYC 8/31-9/3

The above is from your topic title and is a 3 nite stay... is your check-out actually 9/4?

I think both of the above, at 4 nites, will put you over $800 on an all-in basis... are you willing to go higher than this for the convenience of staying at one hotel?  What are your back-up hotels?

On 6/23/2016 at 4:56 PM, thereuare said:

please use our other sister site RefundableRates.com for your future back-up reservations

2x

11 minutes ago, thereuare said:

I think both of the above, at 4 nites, will put you over $800 on an all-in basis... are you willing to go higher than this for the convenience of staying at one hotel?

2x

... or spend more for a higher rated hotels, as you're not really comparing apples-to-apples.  The Edison is a 3 star hotel and the Holiday Inn is Downtown (where you're trying to stay at 4* hotels in midtown)

I'm assuming your back-up reservation is $800 all-in, so i'm asking:

1) are you wiling to pay more than $800 for the convenience of one hotel (as both of the offers above would be > $800 on an all-in basis)

2) if $800 is your firm all-in number, do you not place any value on the star rating? (as at least one of your current hotels is 3* rated, but for the same price you're looking to get one hotel that is 4* rated)

3) do you not place any value on the location, since your back-up reservation has one hotel downtown, but for the same price you're looking to replace that with a more expensive (midtown) location

1) are you wiling to pay more than $800 for the convenience of one hotel (as both of the offers above would be > $800 on an all-in basis)

The total for the $166 per night 4* at Rockafeller would be just over $800. So if you are asking if I'm willing to pay $825..then yes.

2) if $800 is your firm all-in number, do you not place any value on the star rating? (as at least one of your current hotels is 3* rated, but for the same price you're looking to get one hotel that is 4* rated)

I would like to stay in a 4* if possible on the same budget, that is why I am looking at Priceline and Hotwire. 

3) do you not place any value on the location, since your back-up reservation has one hotel downtown, but for the same price you're looking to replace that with a more expensive (midtown) location 

Although not ideal, downtown doesn't bother me as I will be spending some time downtown.  Mid-town would be ideal, and staying in one hotel would be ideal, but would still like to stay around $800-850.

Hope that clears it up.  

For this 4* Rockefeller Center hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $166/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess would be the Club Quarters Midtown

I would also consider this 3.5* Lower East Side hotel for $132/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side would be my best guess here, which is a newer hotel that has been getting very good reviews

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

www.tripadvisor.com is always a good general place to look for hotel reviews.  

You can search this site for "renwick" to see if other members have gotten via either Hotwire or Priceline.  Sometimes they are kind enough to also offer some added info on the hotel.

Also, on this site clear at the end is Hotel Reviews posted by members.  Sometime there is a different perspective from people who got a place at a bargain rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]