Priceline Hotel: 5/4.5 Hotel in New York.. 6/24- 6/27

Naeema
By Naeema,
in

I've been trying to bid on a hotel in NYC with no success and my mom informed me to come here (this is where she comes) for help. I've been looking through your BiddingHelper.com. I need one room with 2 beds or 2 rooms in a very nice hotel. I'd like to spend less than $250 a night if possible (or up to $350 for 1 room) for a really nice and safe hotel, we are all women and haven't visited NYC before. I see a couple for $243 In Soho that will be Trump I believe, on Hotwire but that total with taxes and fees is coming slightly above my total budget. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would love to lock this in ASAP. Prices are soaring before my eyes!! I'm not sure which hotels are nice, my sister stayed at Towers at Lotte something on that level (modern contemporary very safe) would be amazing.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Just to confirm - did you mean 5/24-27 of next year or a different date this year?

How many people are in the party? Which zone/s would be acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Lol so sorry! I meant 6/24-6/27 my goodness ?. Next weekend. I'm a terrible IPad writer. There are 4 of us and any safe zone. I'm not sure of the area. My mom suggest soho, downtown, upper east side. I haven't actually been to NYC, so I'm not all that familiar.

Thanks to your mom for directing you here... moms always know best!:smile:

In NYC there is often a very large jump in price from 4* hotels to 4.5* properties... how high have you bid and for which zone(s)?

Confirm your dates on the landing page of any links we post...

If you're willing to stay Downtown i see this 4.5* Downtown hotel for $163/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be the W New York Downtown

Also, if this is the 4.5* Soho - Tribeca property you're referring to (with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities) then i don't think this is The Trump... the Nomo Soho would be my guess for this one.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (and how high you have already bid) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To add...

Searching HOTWIRE for 4 adults i see this 4.5* hotel on HOTWIRE (use the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com, then click the green 'See All Amenities' next to this listing to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set):

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Internet access

... i believe this to be the Innside New York Nomad, which at $274/nite would come in just at your $350/nite all-in budget

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! You guys are good, actually I only went up to $215 so far but got afraid because I didn't want to end up in the W, I never really cared for those hotels. LOL. I was referring to the 5 * in Soho as the Trump. Well here goes nothing lol, I'm going to use your links. Thank you. If you guess see anything that's a nice hotel in 4* that could be fine. I wish I knew which hotels have a view. 

Please provide the full list of amenities showing with the listing (go to BiddingHelper.com and then click "Hotwire Easy View" after searching for your dates, then "full amenities" next to the listing) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

For the $186 4* Wall Street, I'm seeing: Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board and these amenities are very common, but a guess would be the Residence Inn Downtown Manhattan.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you receive the error above re-try your search and:

1) click the 'See All Amenities' button before clicking any other buttons on the page

2) try to find the same offer in the HOTWIRE tab... it's possible that the offer is no longer available

If looking for help with other HOTWIRE offers please also remember to include the number of rooms/adults/children you're including in the search so that we know how to get the same hotel to appear (since you're searching using two different scenarios, one for 2rooms/4adults the other for 1room/4adults)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]