Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto Downtown Southwest Aug 12-13th - help

rspencer38
By rspencer38,
in

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Toronto hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip... then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are two beds a need or a want?

You can't guarantee two beds when bidding on PRICELINE, but some PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE offers will show a 'Bed Choice' option that will allow you to choose a room with two beds... but not all hotels show this option so it may limit your choices.

Are two beds required for this trip?  what is your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?  Are you ready to book a room for this trip at this point in time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes two beds would definitely be required it at all possible. I'll check with Express and Hotwire to see the prices are. I'd really like to keep per night rate at about $170 or below. I can book ASAP.

What are the chances of getting two beds at check-in time? Hit or miss? 

If you bid on PRICELINE the chances of receiving a room with two beds has a lot to do with multiple variables... occupancy levels at the hotel during your stay, what is avaialble (cleaned by housekeeping) at the time of check-in, hotel policy, if rooms with two beds are considered an upgrade and cost extra, hotel policy, mood of the front desk clerk, etc, etc.

You could go for this 4* Toronto Southwest hotel which offers an option to choose '2 Beds Requested' for $145/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this property would be the Hyatt Regency Toronto

While not guaranteed, i would think your chances of getting two beds would be very good since it's on the reservation and it cost you an extra $10 (so i would also take a a screenshot of the page so that if you do have any issues at check-in, show them that you paid more for a room with two beds and see if they will give you an upgrade to an even higher room class... i don't expect any issues, but i would be prepared just in case)

Does the above work for your needs?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above, and we'll take it from there.

Not sure if that is really the best deal. I can book directly with Westin Harbour Castle for about $20 more total on a refundable booking with a premium view. . Was hoping for perhaps a cheaper alternative. 

Is it possible to use 4 people per room to ensure two beds or does that go against policy. 

Apples-and-Oranges... as the Westin is not in the 'Downtown Southwest' which was the only zone you previously stated you were willing to accept.

PRICELINE does not allow you to search for more than double occupancy, but you could certainly try searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2chidlren... but this could results in 1 bed plus a sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc; and not necessarily two actual 'beds'.  As well, often when searching for more than double occupancy the price may increase, and at the moment i don't see any 4* hotels in the Downtown West zone (the HOTWIRE equivalent of the Downtown Southwest zone) for less than $145/nite.

Also, while i'm seeing $160(non-refundable) and $185(refundable) rates for your dates, i'm only seeing King bed rooms offered... and no availability for rooms with two doubles.

25 minutes ago, rspencer38 said:

Was hoping for perhaps a cheaper alternative. 

I was searching for anything within the $170 budget you indicated above, which the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is within and includes your request for two beds.

Oh I see the confusion. I meant $170CDN not USD, didn't realize that. I'm seeing a lot of posted rates around the $200 mark (other travel sites) and figured I might be able to land something sub $170 CDN from priceline. 

I thought Westin was in "Downtown Southwest" but it looks like its right on the border between the adjacent zone.  

So what is your maximum budget (before fees/taxes) in US Dollars? (we ask that all prices on the board are posted in US Dollars as this helps keep rates consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations)

As indicated above i don't see anything offered within your budget at the moment that would ensure 2 beds... but the Priceline Express hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) referenced above is only $5 over your budget (or $2.50 each person :smile:) and should give you the bedding requirement that you want.  It's up to you whether the extra $5 is worth getting what you want or if you want to roll the dice by bidding on PRICELINE and hoping that the front desk will be willing/able to accommodate your request for a room with two beds.

Let us know how you decide you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above) and how we can be of further help.

I've had no problems getting 2 beds. I usually wait about a week after I win the bid and then call the hotel directly (few instances where it was a few days before my bid was on the hotel system??). One location said i had to wait until check-in and it still wasn't a problem. I just had a winning priceline bid for the Westin Harbor Castle in TO for $136.00 CDN ($165.00 cdn tax total) for August 27th - using PRICELINE Name My Price. 

Good Luck!

S/he is calling the hotel and making a request for a room with 2 beds.

You will find users who have never had an issue and you will find others how have had an issue more than once... travel to Orlando and you will rarely find it to be an issue; travel to NYC and it will be an issue more often than not (as hotels here have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed and at many hotels rooms with two beds is considered to be an upgrade and cost more than one bedded rooms even when when booked thru conventional booking channels).

As per amyluvshockey's one example above:

On 6/19/2016 at 8:49 AM, amyluvshockey said:

One location said i had to wait until check-in and it still wasn't a problem.

You can see that not all hotels are as willing as others to guarantee this prior to your arrival... while it worked just fine for him/her this time around, it's certainly possible that this hotel didn't have any 2 bedded rooms available (not cleaned or sold-out) when s/he showed up at the desk.

This is why you need to decide if this is a risk you're willing to accept and why we asked above how much this is a need vs. a want.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

• 4 months later...

You booked something else OR you canceled the trip entirely?

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]