Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Grand Central) Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York

Tedlyc
By Tedlyc,
in

Hello-

I'm traveling to NY with my 21 year old son on 6-24/6-28. I wanted to stay near Times Square but the hotels are much less expensive in the Financial District. We wanted to do Statue of Liberty and September 11th Memorial and all the other "traditional" sights iNY. For the NY experts--would the financial district be a good place to stay? Or is it a little to far away for other NYC attractions? 

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What star rating are you looking for in a hotel and what is your target/maximum budget for this trip (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Note that if you are looking to actually go to the Statue of Liberty this will be an almost all day affair... the lines to board the boats to/from the island can back up pretty badly and consume a chunk of your day (not to mention the time on the island itself).  There are other options if you simply wanted to get an 'up close' look... are you looking to actually visit the statue or a 'drive by' enough (for the sake of time and doing other things this trip)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. 

Im looking to spend no more than $200 a night/ obviously less would be better-?with a 3.5 or 4 star rating. The financial district has a 4 star on PRICELINE EXPRESS deals right now for $154/night with a restaurant.  And I can choose my own bed--but they are offering only King. Any ideas on hotel? 

Thanks for your advice on visiting the Statue of Liberty. For sake of time-- a drive by would be fine! Last time I went someone jumped off the boat into the river and refused to get in the rescue boat. That took most of the day. I wasn't sure how to judge the time due to that adventure. Do you have other suggestions? 

Thank you again!!!!

Is Restaurant the only amenity showing as i'm only seeing this 4* Downtown - Wall St hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page, as well with any other links in this post) for $161/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess for this one would be the Club Quarters Wall Street

Is separate beds a requirement (or more of a want and willing to share a bed if it saves money)?

The cheapest way to see the Statue of Liberty is free by taking the Staten Island Ferry roundtrip... it goes close enough to the statue for some good photo opportunities.

For me the best experience is to take one of the day or sunset Adirondack sails... you not only get very up close to the statue, but it's also a great way to take in the Manhattan Skyline.  Although the day trips start at about $50/pp it's a great experience and also includes a few rounds of drinks (figure 3 beers in NYC at $7/each is about $21 so from this perspective the sail itself is only about $30).  It's usually an intimate crowd and you can laugh at those who are packed in like sardines on the Circle Line tour.  Obviously you would want to consult the weather forecast before purchasing tickets, but this is one of my favorite things to do when we friends in from out of town and we try to make the trip once/twice a year even when we don't have out of town guests.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know regarding the bedding requirements and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again!! Love the idea of the Andirondak sails. I haven't heard of that and it sounds like a very fun thing to do love the suggestion and will put it on the to do list!. I much prefer a more intimate crowd. 

I looked at Priceline again and the one that I was looking at "got away" it is now showing the amenities and price now you showed. Which I like-- I was guessing the other one was a Holiday Inn and the reviews were not as positive. 

I talked to my son and bed choice is not a big deal. We wil make it work. :)

So did you go for the 4* Priceline Express Downtown hotel and get the Club Quarters... or have you not yet made the purchase?

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

With this property you're also not too far from my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Sorry I'm just replying. I just checked the website. :) We've been in Philadelphia the last 2 nights. We booked a 4.5 star on Priceline through your website at $119 a night. It was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. It was Hotel Monaco. It was listed as a boutique hotel in the historic district. It was pet friendly which made it different from the other 4.5 star hotel in the historic district. Our view from the room was of Independence Hall. The staff was amazing, the room was large and beautiful and the hotel was right across the street from the liberty bell and independence hall. I can't say enough about how amazing this hotel was! 

Thanks  for your suggestion of Ess-a-bagel. Sounds like a fabulous breakfast!! I also have a reservation for Adirondack Sails for Monday. Very excited about this as well. 

The amenities listed for this hotel were-

pet friendly 

boutique hotel

smoke-free rooms

firness center

business center

internet access

Thanks once again for all your help and suggestions!!

Thanks for the follow-up!

6 hours ago, Tedlyc said:

We've been in Philadelphia the last 2 nights. We booked a 4.5 star on Priceline through your website at $119 a night. It was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. It was Hotel Monaco.

When you get a minute can you please post this win to the board in the Priceline - Pennsylvania section of the board.

6 hours ago, Tedlyc said:

Ess-a-bagel. Sounds like a fabulous breakfast!! I also have a reservation for Adirondack Sails for Monday

I'm confident you will enjoy them both... glad to see you're partaking of what the city has to offer!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]