Priceline Hotel: New York Visit 9/17-9/21

JOLIE
By JOLIE,
in

Hi all,

I need help to bid for a hotel during 9/17-9/21 visit. I have never used Priceline before. I'd prefer from 3.5* to 4* hotel, and Grand Central Terminal (I assume that's where all the bus and subway go through).  I'm hoping for a price from $150-$200 per night. Is that realistic? How do I start bidding and win? 

Any help/tips is greatly appreciated. 

Best,

J.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very famiilar with NYC so you're in good hands.:smile:

A few NYC logistics to start:

Grand Central - subway, MetroNorth railroad, some Airport Shuttle buses nearby

Port Authority - subway, most buses arriving from out of state

Penn Station - subway, LongIsland Railroad, nearby are Bolt/Mega busses

How it is that you are arriving to NYC?

I will also comment that it would be 'wrong' (imo) to limit the area of your hotel to only the zone that you are arriving/departing from... this will only happen twice during your stay (once arriving and once departing) so better to focus on an area that will be most convenient and provide the best value for your trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what your needs are for this trip (why trying to target the subway and bus terminal) and we'll take a look and offer some suggestions as to your best options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]