Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Carlsbad - San Marcos) Holiday Inn Carlsbad

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

Scored four nights via the BiddingHelper.com. 

For an inexpensive stay for a trip to Legoland, Holiday Inn is a good deal. Holiday Inn is a nice upgrade away from the noisy freeway of the lower range places in Carlsbad. Saying that after last year spending three nights in the Rodeway and one night in the Holiday Inn. You don't get breakfast at the Holiday Inn, but I'll just pack some cereal and milk to match the Rodeway.

As I researched hotel options the last few days, I was seeing it at $86. Went to make my final selection this morning and the price had dropped to $78. And my wife scolds me for waiting to the last minute... :biggrin:

Odd behaviour on the part of Hotwire. As I looked at the hotel details, it promoted me with "Book soon! The last person got the Carlsbad By The Sea Resort". Odd in that the amenities didn't match. A hotel that matched the Sea Resort was showing up at $125. So is that blurb meaning the last person for the Carlsbad zone got the Sea Resort, not the last person that choose those amenities?

Free parking
Free Internet
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access

Congrats on your success.

Very nice deal for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

The "last person got..." is the last hotel that someone won in that zone at that star rating in general, not necessarily the underlying hotel. 

Thank you for sharing your win and for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]