Priceline Hotel: Need help for first time bidding hotels in LA

selenemiss
By selenemiss,
in

Hello,

Me and my husband need a strategy for bidding on priceline hotels.

Could you please help us to bid ?

Thank you!

We will stay 2nd July to 9th July.

3/5* - 5*

Budget max inc.taxes and fees $800 total

Free wifi

Outdoor pool

Free/Cheap Parking

Beverly Hills - Century City 

Brentwood - Westwood 

Culver City 

Downtown Los Angeles

El Segundo

Hawthorne

Hollywood

LAX - Los Angeles Airport

LAX East - Inglewood

Manhattan Beach - Hermosa Beach - Redondo Beach

Marina Del Rey - Playa Del Rey

Miracle Mile - Koreatown - Mid City

South Los Angeles

West Hollywood

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few questions in order to get started...

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* hotel vs.a 4.5* vs.a 4* vs. 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better in any of the zones above?

Bids are placed in dollar amounts on a per nite basis before taxes/fees... to avoid any confusion, what would be your maximum bid amount for this trip?

Lastly, when bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to know if the hotel will have a pool, offer free/cheap parking (although i will mention that most hotels in most of the zones above do charge for parking), nor to know if Internet will be free or with an additional charge... if this are points you must have (as opposed to wants) then you would be better to use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE where specific information about the hotel is shown before your purchase.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's a wide range of areas and low price point for L.A.  and 800 is a tight budget for 7 nights… I'd start with the area that I want the most and the max I'm willing to pay per night (which in your case at 800.00 might be less than 100.00 per night because they will add tax on)…Then if I get declined I'd add more areas and keep the same price since you have a fixed budget..  Holiday Inn near LAX was 95.00 per night for Fathers day weekend, just FYI.

Hello again,

I mean we have $100-110 per night and we think like totally with taxes it would be $800-900 maximum according to our budget.

When I search ilke hotel lists I just filter free parking,free internet and swimming pool then I look for these filters hotels where they are in as area. Then I open a new tab and a choose these areas and stars and I write my bid like $80 per night.

My strategy is wrong or no ? We couldnt win any. 

For example $180p.n hotel couldnt be bid for $100 whats the bidding rate ı'd like to learn these strategies :(

Thank you!

I'm afraid i'm not following the approach you're taking...

5 hours ago, selenemiss said:

I just filter free parking,free internet and swimming pool

On what site/page is it that you're filtering by these criteria... the 'retail' side of PRICELINE (where hotel names and prices are shown?)... or is this somehow on the bidding or PRICELINE EXPRESS sections of their website?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]