Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Downtown - Wall Street) W New York Downtown

delhiite
By delhiite,
in

I need a hotel in Manhattan for 17th to 19th (2 nights). Was checking PRICELINE EXPRESS deals (used link from BB) and 2 looked attractive in terms of price. Was wondering if you could help identify the property. I am still undecided to either go with Express or try bidding for a property.

4* - Times Square - $137 - Pets, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant, No Smoking - Guest Rating 8.0 (Hotel Mela?)

4-1/2* - Downtown Wall Street - $122 - Pets, Fitness Center, Business Center, No Smoking, Free Internet - Guest Rating 8.0 (Possibly the Glid?)

I am also trying to see if the rates are any better if I book 1 night at a time...but then don't really want to change hotels and would prefer to have 2 nights at the same place if possible. My preferred area would be midtown Manhattan close the $125 / night for a 4* accommodation.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Confirm your dates on the landing pages but my best guess for this 4* Times Square - Theatre District hotel would be the Sheraton New York Times Square... for this 4.5* Downtown - Wall Street would be the W New York Downtown.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the input in to the possible hotels. W Downtown looks like a nice property for the rate, but yes slightly out of mid-town. With the Subway in the city, I am sure I can make it work.

I am going to watch the rates during the weekend and possible try and see if I can do a bid for 4*. I'll report back depending on how it goes.

Again, as always... Thanks to you guys for the wonderful knowledge that is available at this site for saving some serious $$$ :-)

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, over the next few days, but assuming our guesses are correct, the Sheraton is $231/nite for your dates (almost $100 savings for the nite) and the W New York Downtown is $185/nite (still about a 35% discount)... is it worth waiting in hopes that either drops another $5 or $10 with the risk that either/both disappear entirely or jump in price??

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Checked this morning and the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals went up to $146 in TS and $135 in DT/WS. Based on your input into the hotel, decided to go for DT/WS area as TS is usually quite crowded and noisy during weekends. Started bidding at $100. Added $5 with re-bid zones until $125. Then bid $128 and got accepted at W.

Happy with the result as it's close to the express rate shown on Friday and the property got good reviews. Plus being close to the Subway, easy access to anywhere in Manhattan. 

For sure I could have waited until last minute, but as the moderators pointed out.. it is never certain if the prices will go down or up. Anything less than $150 for a 4-1/2* property in NYC is a steal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]