1st Time Priceline Confusion

Sparklehoof
By Sparklehoof,
in

I need a hotel from June 20-23 and I'm looking into using Priceline's name your price tool.  My trip is for medical reasons, my dates are not flexible and I need to be in a clean hotel near the hospital. I'd love to save some money, but not at the expense of being booked somewhere grimy, too far outside the hospital radius, or having my bid accepted or rejected up until the day of my stay.  

Do bids expire/how long are hotels given to accept or reject my offer? Is this a time period that the customer can select? Ex. If I put in my price could I cancel my bid after 24hrs so that I can avoid booking at the last minute?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Once you place your bid you will know in less than 30 seconds if your bid is accepted or not (in rare instances if PRICELINE is having any communication issues it could take up to 15 minutes, but typically it's in about 10-15 seconds)

If you let us know what location you are traveling to, your desired star rating and budget, we will move this thread to the corresponding location and make some suggestions in terms of your trip and/or a bidding strategy to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS are generally slightly-to-moderately more expensive than bidding, but the information given may allow one to be able to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing, which may be comforting vs bidding in this case.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

If you let us know what location you are traveling to, your desired star rating and budget, we will move this thread to the corresponding location and make some suggestions in terms of your trip and/or a bidding strategy to follow.

2x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]