Priceline Hotel: Priceline NYOP Help for New york Hotel 10/24-10/28

liron
By liron,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a 4* or higher hotel in New York, we have never been to the U.S. before and I am not sure which zones will be good for first time visit.

From looking at the map I think about these zones, I will be glad to hear your advice:

Times Square - Theatre District

Central Park South (is this mean midtown central?)

SoHo – Tribeca

West Village - Meatpacking – NYU (is this mean Washington Square Park?)

Rockefeller Center

We will be staying during 10/24-10/28. 

I am looking to spend $100-$150 USD. Is this reasonable price?  

Thank you again for your great assistance.

Liron.

Your dates above are during high-season for NYC and at the moment you'll likely need to be in the $200-$225 range for a well located 4 star hotel.

Are you willing/able to increase your budget, lower your star rating, or what are your current thoughts?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Even a 3* for $150 or less is far from a 'sure thing' (and at the moment i would even say perhaps less than 50/50)

In terms of the zones you mentioned above:

Times Square - Theatre District = OK (assuming something like the Edison hotel is acceptable, which is representative of a typical 3* hotel in this zone)

Central Park South = well located but also has the Hudson Hotel (at the 4* level, but your 3* bid could be upgraded) which has notoriously small rooms, even by NYC standards, so this would need to be an acceptable outcome

SoHo – Tribeca = if you're into shopping and cafes a good area for you to stay but everything around here is expensive (coffee, drinks, food, etc)

West Village - Meatpacking – NYU = good area (as is Chelsea) but just not a lot of hotels in this small geographic area so the zone is not won very often

Rockefeller Center = centrally located

... but why the zones above and not also including (since a win within your budget may be difficult) Grand Central, MSG, ESB, Lower East Side (may offer your best chances and best value), and/or Chelsea??

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Thank you for closing the thread. Sharing any details of what you decide (even if not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE) is greatly appreciated as the information does help others searching for their stays. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]