Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West - Hells Kitchen) Yotel - Times Square

kendallhope
By kendallhope,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I do believe a 4* hotel at under $150 is possible for these dates, and we can suggest a strategy for you to follow, but to confirm:

CPS - contains the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms... is this an acceptable outcome?

MTW-HK - most of the 4* hotels in this zone are on the western side of the zone and not the most convenient for the average visitor... are you familiar with NYC and know that any hotel within this location will work for your needs?

Please confirm that the two zones above are acceptable and we will advise accordingly.  If either/both of these zones are not acceptable, please let us know more about your plans/needs for this trip as i am very familiar with NYC and can try to find the best option(s) that would likely best work for your criteria.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help! 

I prefer the west side as my friends live on 72nd and Columbus and it can be hard to get to them without changing trains if I'm on the east side. I haven't had much luck finding hotels on the UWS area in the past and I also don't want to stay north of 72nd. I like the CPS area the most (I'm in the park a LOT) but you are correct, the Hudson would NOT be my preference. MTW-HK is a great area for me as I like to head south to Chelsea, or I can catch a cab or a (single) train north to the UWS to meet up with my friends. If you think searching the UWS or another area is a good idea I'm all ears! 

Thanks!

What appears to be the Empire Hotel is offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS for $166/nite should this be worth exceeding your budget a little bit.

I'm also seeing the Dream Midtown for $170/nite which is a 4* hotel in the CPS zone which would be a short walk to Columbus Circle to take the 1 to your friend's apartment.

For $175/nite HOTWIRE has what looks like the 4.5* Innside New York Nomad (Chelsea zone) which has gotten excellent reviews... and also the more inline with your budget Yotel Times Square (also good reviews) for $132/nite in the Theater District - Midtown West zone.

Do you want to go with any of the above in order to try to target the properties mentioned at the listed prices... or do you want to only bid for MTW-HK since you want to avoid the possibility of the Hudson Hotel in the CPS (and/or do you also want to include Chelsea in your bidding?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So the current game plan is to try bidding on PRICELINE for a 4* hotel in either the MTW-HK or the Chelsea zone with a maximum bid of $150?  If this is correct i would try as follows:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW-HK...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* Chelsea...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MTW-HK and Chelsea...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140

If the above is rejected you can take this 4* Midtown West - Hells Kitchen hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $141/nite (doesn't show any amenities so i don't have a guess as to which property it may be)

Good luck and let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]