Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Northbrook - Glenview - Mt Prospect) Renaissance North Shore

Blue_Imp
By Blue_Imp,
in

Hello, this is all very new to me so if I'm going about this incorrectly I apologize in advance.  Briefly, I will be arriving at ORD in the evening with my two young sons after about 14 hours of travel. Needless to say we're planning to spend the night in an area hotel before begining our road trip.  Now the catch is, I've chosen to rent our car from an off airport site (huge savings) and the location is in the Northbrook/Highland Park area so I'd like to try to find a deal on a hotel that will be a short taxi ride away from the rental location (or even better hopefully a hotel area shuttle ride away). Anyhow, this is what I've found on Hotwire (via the link in my welcome message) and would very much appreciate any help in identifying the hotel:

For July 20-21

Northbrook-Glenview-Mt. Prospect

$100

Four star hotel 

TripAdvisor 4/5

Hotwire 90%

Hotel details:

ComplimentaryFree parking

Amenities:

Business centerFitness centerIndoor pool(s)Pet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

Cheers, 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> if this is what you're seeing, the Renaissance North Shore would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Renaissance North Shore is on the other side of the expressway from the Chicago Botanic Garden and the shuttle (unless something has changed recently, this property does have a local shuttle) could take you over to the free walk-in entrance if you had some time before going and wanted to check that out (and it's an absolutely gorgeous place.) If your rental car location is in Highland Park or Northbrook, if the shuttle won't take you it would be an easy cab ride.  I'm very familiar with the area and would be happy to offer suggestions. There's a beautiful Mariano's Grocery about half a block away if you want to stock up on snacks/drinks before the road trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the tip and information. I followed your link and advice and here's a more complete list of amenities for the $100 hotel. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

In addition, there's another hotel listed for the Northbrook-Glenview-Mt. Prospect area for $103. Any ideas on the hotel?

For July 20-21

Northbrook-Glenview-Mt. Prospect

$103

3.5 star hotel 

TripAdvisor 3.5/5

Hotwire 65%

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Suite, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Cheers

9 hours ago, Blue_Imp said:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This amenity set is the same as the one i posted above so my guess would remain the Renaissance North Shore

Best guess for the $103/nite property would be the Wyndham Glenview Suites, but if you are interested in this hotel i believe it is the same offer as this 3.5* Northbrook - Glenview hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) offered at $92/nite which would be a bit cheaper than the HOTWIRE offer above.  This PRICELINE EXPRESS offer has the following amenities:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your help. I took the plunge and purchased the Northbrook $100 hotel on HOTWIRE (I did use the link suggested to do the search and buy the reservation). You were correct the hotel is the Renaissance North Shore. This seems to be a pretty nice deal for the price and I'm looking forward to a comfortable stay after a long trip. Thanks again and is there anything else I should do to help the site now that I made the purchase?

I think you made an excellent choice. This is a very nice property that was renovated a few years back. I'd recommend asking for a higher floor; views aren't overly remarkable at this property, but you'll get a decent view of the surrounding area.

One note is that if you are coming from O'Hare on side streets, there's a great little shortcut if you drive to Willow and Waukegan, then head North on Waukegan briefly until you get to Voltz. Turn right on Voltz and drive to Sunset Ridge. Turn left on Sunset Ridge and head North briefly. You'll quickly wind up on Skoke Blvd and the hotel is right there, can't miss it.  From ORD you could take Mannheim Road North (which becomes River Road), then that gets to Milwaukee Ave. Head North on Milwaukee Ave briefly to Willow, then head Easto n Willow. Or take 294 North from ORD and get off at Willow and head East.

Barnaby's Pizza across the street of the Renaissance has been there for probably over three decades at this point. 

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]