Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center

shinespark
By shinespark,
in

Hi, I am travelling NYC from July 1st to 9th and looking for a 4* hotel.

Preferred zones are MTE, MTW, TS. I have stayed at the Hudson Hotel last time which is at Central Park South, and felt that closer to TS and southern areas of NYC would be nicer.

But I don't know if MSG or ESB areas are good areas for tourists to stay, so your opinions on it would be much appreciated.

$130 per night is my maximum budget. If the hotel is super nice, I might be able to convince my travel companion for a $140, but I don't really see it happening.

Travel plans are, for now, mostly 2+ musicals at Broadway, general tourist spots in the city (Rockefeller, ESB, Brooklyn bridge) and couple of out-of-city journeys (amusement parks, outlet shopping malls)

Any recommendations much appreciated.

4 hours ago, shinespark said:

I have stayed at the Hudson Hotel last time which is at Central Park South

Was that for this Priceline NYC hotel thread in December 2014?

Please follow-up your previous thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

When following-up your previous thread please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and which service was ultimately used (PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE, and if the latter, the amenities that were associated with the hotel).  You can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right corner of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is one bed okay? 

$130 (pre-tax/fees) can be done, including a few listings on PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE:

PRICELINE EXPRESS 

4* MSG $121 w/Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities.

-- Possible match for the Wyndham New Yorker. (there is a resort fee here, though.)

HOTWIRE:

4* Times Square North $121 Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square upgraded to 4* would be a possibility.

4* Grand Central $124 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Not yet ID'd/, but my guess would be a possible match for the Roosevelt.

ESB, MSG and MTE are fine areas for tourists, although there are a couple of properties in MTE that are somewhat out of the way at the far E border of the zone.

Please confirm which zones would be of interest (you would be okay with potentially getting any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone selected.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will add to the above that if you could stretch your budget to $140-$145 then a few more hotels come into play... such as the Hyatt Herald Square New York, Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, and the Club Quarters Grand Central; should any of these be of interest.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestions, AaronJB and thereuare.

I think the prices might have changed and I don't see the hotels you've mentioned.

Currently I see these hotels that I think are worth considering (@hotwire);

4* MTE, $128, Boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurants, business center

4* Rockefeller Center, $134, Smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurants, business center

4* MTE boutique, $138, Boutique hotel, fitness center, restaurants, business center

(free internet for all of them)

I know it's not much to guess on... but any ideas what they might be?

I am leaning towards $128 which is a total of ~$1360 which is what I expected, but like Aaron said it may be too east for wondering around the city.

But Hotwire is saying "This hotel's location earned it a 4.5/5 guest rating" :S

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star MTE hotel when searching for your dates:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

==> if this is what you're seeing, i'm not 100% certain, but i believe this is likely the Club Quarters Grand Central and this would be my best guess for this one

If you'd like help with the others, please first confirm that your friend is willing to pay over $130/nite, and then use the EASY VIEW TAB BiddingHelper.com method above to confirm the complete amenity set associated with each of the other properties.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

~$140/nite hotels in zones MTE, Rockefeller C, MTW, TSS, TSN when I tried searching in Bidding Helper -> Hotwire Easy View tab;

$121 4* Times Square North, FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$129 4* Times Square South, FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

$131 4* Rockefeller Center, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Just realized now that I am trolling in a Priceline NYC forum with a basically Hotwire post. Sorry guys..

2 hours ago, shinespark said:

Just realized now that I am trolling in a Priceline NYC forum with a basically Hotwire post. Sorry guys..

Actually, this is how it's done...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Best guess/comments for each:

$121 4* Times Square North

==> Hotel Manhattan at Times Square upgraded to the 4* level since it was last reported to the board (but does the $28 resort fee here put you over budget??)

$129 4* Times Square South, 

==> Row NYC (upgraded to the 4* level level since last reported to the board... but again, does the resort fee put you over budget??)

$131 4* Rockefeller Center

==> the Club Quarters Rockefeller Center would be a guess but i'm not 100% certain

If your first course of action is going to be to bid on PRICELINE please don't ask us to identify hotels until you have already tried bidding... as you could win something by bidding that negates the time it took to research hotels on your behalf OR the hotels currently offered may not be the ones that are available once you have tried bidding.

Let us know what you decide for this trip and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Some NYC have started to charge resort fees... this has nothing to do with HOTWIRE and if the hotel assesses these you have to pay them regardless of how you book.  HOTWIRE will typically show any additional fees on after you click thru on the offer as well as an additional line item when showing the total cost of your trip (it shows an amount charged to HOTWIRE and any additional feel that would be payable directly to the hotel)

So what's the current gameplan / decision?

Okay so 

$121 4* Times Square North

==> Hotel Manhattan at Times Square upgraded to the 4* level since it was last reported to the board (but does the $28 resort fee here put you over budget??)

==> Because of the resort fees I didn't think this was a good choice for me.

$129 4* Times Square South, 

==> Row NYC (upgraded to the 4* level level since last reported to the board... but again, does the resort fee put you over budget??)

==> Was gone by the time I went back to Hotwire.

$131 4* Rockefeller Center

==> the Club Quarters Rockefeller Center would be a guess but i'm not 100% certain

==> Was gone also. 

So from about 2 hours ago, from Biddinghelper, all I could see (below $140) was $139 Theatre District - MTW, which I feared was Yotel, and $139 TS North with $30 resort fee which was out of my budget.

Then I went back to Priceline bidding and the weirdest thing happened.

I was bidding for TS and Rockefeller 4* for $130, $135, both rejected. Counteroffers were still at $158.

Then I went for a $140, which was my absolute maximum budget, and the bid was rejected but the counteroffer was now at $165-ish.

This had never happened to me before when using NYOP, so I thought I was somewhere close and then went for a $141. Voila.

Club Quarters across Rockefeller Center.

If I had listened to you and chosen the $131 at Hotwire, it might have been cheaper but as of now I am happy with the location of the hotel. The reviews at Tripadvisor is not ideal, but fingers crossed.

Thank you both so much for helping me out with a long and frightening NYC hotel booking process. 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and that you're overall pleased with the results... certainly a nice central location to use as a launching pad to get around the city each day.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Also, if looking to save money one nite on a cheap dinner:

You're not too far from the famous NYC Chicken and Rice Food Cart if you're want to try some of the local 'street meat'. You want the cart that is there late nite (7:30pm-4am) on the SW corner of 53rd St and Sixth Ave... a nice dose of white sauce and use the hot sauce very sparingly as it's EXTREMELY HOT. Best $7 dinner you'll find in the city.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.. let us know if you have any questions that we may be able to hep you get the most from this stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]