Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale Downtown - Cruise Port - Convention Center) Crowne Plaza Hotel Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise

bluedog925
By bluedog925,
in

Imagine my surprise when I was just SURE that this hotel would be the Riverside! ?

well, I mistakenly overlooked the fact that room choice option is also available at hotels other than the Riverside 

with the Riverside, the room choice options (I've since learned) include "superior city view."

even more ore strange was when I went back into the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals to do another "mock" booking for thecsame date, the price increased from $139 to $158 within 10 minutes and now said that the savings was 34%. My win indicated 22% savings, so I thought huh? On further notice, I saw that the $158 price was the Riverside (due to the superior city view clue) 

i just just included this so that others are aware that 3.5 category on your list should also include Crowne Plaza.  

That said, the price on Crowne's own site is currently at least $180, and it does appear to be a very nice hotel. 

Now I am wondering if the $5 price that I paid for insurance through PL's carrier would allow me to cancel, or what proof they would require 

if not, no big deal. 

I have always been very lucky and very happy with whatever hotel I've gotten, and the great thing is we are VERY close to the airport so we won't have to get up quite as early AND we will save money with cab fare ?

AMENITIES ON CROWNE PLAZA SEEMED IDENTICAL TO RIVERSIDE,

also, Riversidegets a 7/10 and I THINK but am not sure, that the Crowne gets 8/10, but since the option has disappeared from the inventory I can't attest to that for sure 

and I did use your link ?

Sorry to hear that the result was a surprise, although at least in this case thankfully the surprise was still a satisfactory result.

The trip insurance does not offer the ability to cancel if you don't like the hotel, it's more "doctor's note"-style situations that are detailed in the fine print.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List. Can you recall the amenities that were showing with the listing before purchase?

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

11 hours ago, bluedog925 said:

AMENITIES ON CROWNE PLAZA SEEMED IDENTICAL TO RIVERSIDE,

I believe the amenity set for each is actually quite different, as well as the 8.0 of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer excluding the Riverside from the possibilities since the user reviews of that property don't meet the minimum criteria of the offer you purchased.

Glad to see this one will still work well for your plans anyway, but in the future feel free to ask the board for help/confirmation of what you think you're about to purchase as often a second set of eyes and minimize the chances of any disappointment or unexpected results.

Also, please note the full amenity set shown before your purchase and include this information in your posts, as the amenities shown on the PRICELINE EXPRESS page is often different than the amenity set shown in your confirmation email.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay...and cruise!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Update, a year late.... the Crown Plaza turned out to be a very nice property.  However, we did not like the location due to it being too far to walk to anything good, but Uber’s are all over the place, so our situation was remedied by summoning Uber to take us around.  Room was very clean, but there was no place to sit in the lobby upon arrival from the cruise port since it was an extremely busy Sunday during peak season in Ft Lauderdale, and since we arrived around noon, the place was teeming with many people waiting for shuttles to the cruise port.  After checking in we were told that our room was not yet ready, so they told us to wait upstairs, well, there was only one little bench, so we waited for around a half hour and they called us and told us that they had a room ready for us. 

Bathrooms nice and clean and modern. Room very large.  Had a nice corner room

On site restaurant was terrible! Small.  Overpriced menu.  Go to Las Olas instead and do not waste your time at that place. Worst keylime pie martini EVER!!!

i would stay here again if it was the only choice, but we prefer the Hyatt Place or the Riverside.  

Great shuttle driver at this place though for our return to the airport.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]