Hotwire Hotel: 4* Savannah (Hilton Head Island) Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island

Kevin1234
By Kevin1234,
in

Could someone help identify this hotel?

Hilton Head Island 4-star

5/31-6/3

$152/night

Through your BiddingHelper.com, all amenities are:

Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

PRICELINE EXPRESS shows a 4-star at $147/night with the following:

• Pets Allowed
  • Business Center
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Please start by following-up your previous Hilton Head Hotwire hotel thread with the room rate per nite for that purchase (how to still view this information is given in our reply to that thread)... then reply here and we will have a look at the offers above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Are you looking for a specific hotel for this Hilton Head trip and/or are you ready to commit to a purchase at this point in time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok I'll try to do that now.  To answer your question, we'd really like to get the Omni or Westin, but I'm assuming the "near beach" amenity means this is most likely the Sonesta.  Do you know why there's usually only 1 4-star choice at a time only for Hilton Head?  Does Hotwire only allow 1 at a time?  It would be nice to choose between several based on amenities.

13 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please start by following-up your previous Hilton Head Hotwire hotel thread

2x

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HOTWIRE amenity set would be a possible match for the Sonesta. HOTWIRE used to only have one hotel per star rating per zone. You will still see 1 per star rating per zone in many cases, but there may be 2-3 at times. May depend on the area and dates. You may (or may not) see a different listing if you search for 2 adults and 2 children on HOTWIRE

I see this 4* Hilton Head Oceanfront hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $119/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Free Parking

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Ok It looks like the amenity list on Hotwire has changed, but I'm wondering if it's still the same hotel.  Now it says the below.  $126 per night, same 95% recommended and same "normal" price of  of $242, but now it has an aminity list that looks like the Omni according to your list.

Free internet, Resort, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet Access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for vis impaired, Accessible path of travel, accessible parking, roll-in shower

* Also, I have a question about Priceline.  It makes a point to say double-occupancy only.  Does this mean I shouldn't book because we're bringing a child?  And how can you tell it looks like the Westin?  I'm having trouble figuring out the hints on that one!

Please forgive all my questions, I'm pulling the trigger today or tomorrow (keeping an eye on the weather) and trying to figureit all out.  Just trying to avoid the Sonesta.  Thanks for everything

All PRICELINE purchases are for double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel and they may not be willing, or able, to accommodate your needs for triple occupancy, and a lot has to do with hotel policy, occupancy levels at the hotel, room types available at the time of check-in, mood of the front desk clerk to accommodate your room type requests, if rooms with two bed at the property cost more than single bedded rooms, etc, etc.

How old is your child? (as it is often easier to show up with triple/quad occupancy if the kid(s) are very young vs. of your 'little baby' is 16 years old and 6' 2")

How many adults/children are you including in your HOTWIRE search? (as you should include this information in your posts to ensure that we're seeing the same property that you're inquiring about)

Please let us know once your plans are firm and you're ready to purchase as the offers could easily change yet once again between now and the time you're ready to commit.

5 hours ago, thereuare said:

How many adults/children are you including in your HOTWIRE search? (as you should include this information in your posts to ensure that we're seeing the same property that you're inquiring about)

2x

What are your thoughts about booking what is believed to be The Westin for double occupancy vs. winning some other property while including your 9 year old?

5 hours ago, Kevin1234 said:

Free internet, Resort, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet Access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for vis impaired, Accessible path of travel, accessible parking, roll-in shower

Is this property in the 'Shipyard - Palmetto Dunes - Port Royal' zone?

Honestly I'd have to think about that.  I can't imagine the hotel really caring if we showed up with a 9 year old, but if the Hotwire hotel is most likely not the Sonesta, then we'll probably go with that just to be on the safe side.  Searched with 2 adults, 1 child.

5 hours ago, thereuare said:

Is this property in the 'Shipyard - Palmetto Dunes - Port Royal' zone?

??

If it is, i'm really not certain, but the Westin be a guess. (the EASY VIEW is showing a different property, with 'Near Beach', that i think is the Sonesta)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay and how you decide to book.

It is in the Shipyard/port royal zone.  I wonder if I'm just seeing the "near beach".

Shipyard - Palmetto Dunes - Port Royal

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4 hours ago, Kevin1234 said:

I wonder if I'm just seeing the "near beach".

???

I don't see any "Near Beach" in the amenity set you've listed above so i'm not sure what you're trying to say.

There is no point in re-typing the same amenity set that i have previously posted above... my guess(es) remains the same for the one with the Near Beach amenity and the one without the Near Beach amenity.

Since this a multi-nite stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip.

15 hours ago, thereuare said:

(the EASY VIEW is showing a different property, with 'Near Beach', that i think is the Sonesta)

You said the above, so I was trying to show you that what I was seeing on Easy View did NOT say "near beach".  Maybe there were 2 different properties at the time.  Anyway, I really appreciate all the help and will report back the outcome.

Can you please list the full amenities associated with the hotel you purchased, as well as the room rate per nite, and we can add this information to the topic title and complete this thread so that it can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

I know you were hoping for a different property so hopefully you can make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]