Hotwire Hotel: New York City Hotwire

MeShell81
By MeShell81,
in

Hello 

I am running the NYC Marathon. I have a back up hotel. I am curious which hotels these are: 

Dates 11/4-11/9   on Hotwire. Used bidding helper to get full list 

4.5* Rockefeller Center  $250 per night 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

4.5* Rockefeller Center $262 per night 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

5* Times Square North $267 per night 

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

5*Central Park South  $295 per night 

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

5* Central Park South $354 per night 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Any ideas what ones these are? Thank you :) 

I'm very familiar with NYC...

Where, and how much, is your back-up hotel? (in the future please use our sister site RefundableRates.com for your back-up reservations)

What is your maximum budget for this stay?

What are your requirements for this stay? (near finish line, star rating, budget, near transportation to Staten Island for start of the race, etc)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, 

My back up hotel is Loew's Regency on Park Avenue.  

Positives:

1. Close to finish and easy for my husband to maneuver about Manhattan to see me running

2. I am getting the Midtown bus at 7 am from the Library and can walk to the library. 

3. Guaranteed King bed 

Negatives: 

1. Expensive: Right now Loews is about 2300 for the 5 night stay. I am looking around to see if I can find something that satisfies above requirements, but cheaper :) 

As far as Star rating... 4-5* ( hesitant to use Priceline due to wide range of 4* hotels.) Which is why I am looking at Hotwire and areas listed above. Any advice on areas/ places? 

We usually stay in Jersey City when visiting New York and take PATH in. (My sister lived in Jersey City). This will be our first time actually staying in the city, and my first time running the marathon ! 

Thank you for your help 

My wife has run NY a few times so a few questions comments...

1) she recommends taking the ferry to Staten Island, not the busses, as you can get a later start a few hour or two of sleep

2) at the Verrazano Bridge always  get in the group on the upper bridge (even if they point you towards the lower roadway, wiggle your way to the upper)

3) is your husband going to take the subway to a few different stops along the way or only  one/two places in Manhattan (either way i assume your husband will head to one location, see you and then head to the next location, see you and then head to the next location, etc, etc... so in what aspect does the hotel location effect his ability to catch up with you en-route?)  Also, you can't count on the 'track my runner' apps working correctly as they're often not accurate, so make sure he knows your expected mileage times and have a meeting back-up plan in case you miss each other at multiple points

4) while you don't want things to be too inconvenient for the race, also focus on the other 5 days of your stay and make sure that the hotel you choose is convenient for exploring the city too

5) after the race are taxi, subway, and/or walking all options to get back to your hotel?

What would your thoughts be on the Kitano for $268/nite (or $275 with a King Bed) or the Omni Berkshire for $265/nite?  Both get great reviews and would save you about $100/nite vs. your current back-up hotel?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi 

Thanks for advice on run :) I am hoping for upper bridge :) 

I would prefer to be in Midtown/ Central Park/ Rockefeller/ Times Square area. ( so not too picky) 

Omni  or Kitano would be a good option ... do you have an idea what the other ones I listed above are? 

Thanks 

My guesses for the above:

4.5* Rockefeller Center  $250 per night 

==> The Benjaimin

4.5* Rockefeller Center $262 per night 

==> Omni Berkshire

5* Times Square North $267 per night 

==> no guess but with the nearly $40 resort fee this begins to get much more expensive than the other options

5*Central Park South  $295 per night 

==> likely the Viceroy New York (difficult to be too certain with so few amenities, most of which are common for a 5* hotel in NYC)

5* Central Park South $354 per night 

==> no guess, could be the Loews Regency but even if it is, this offers no discount vs. your current back-up reservation

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

Still looking for deals :) 

1. Any idea if this PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is the Omni?  

Using BiddingHelper.com 

Rockefeller Center Bryant Park 4.5* 

rating 8.0 or higher 

236 per night 11/4-11/9 

pets allowed 

business center 

fitness center 

no smoking 

or this PRICELINE EXPRESS deal ? The Muse? 

2. Times Square 4.5* 

rating 8.0 or higher 

268 per night 

business center 

restaurant  

free internet 

no smoking rooms/ facilities 

Best guess for the 4.5* Rock Center property would be the Omni or the Royalton.

For the 4.5* Times Square property my guess would be The Premier Hotel Times Square.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

• 3 months later...

Hello Again, 

I am still checking for deals... 

Any idea what these are...  still dates 11/4-11/9 

1. Priceline Express 4* Central Park South  Rate 9/10 

240/night 

Free internet 

Business Center 

Fitness Center 

Non Smoking 

2. Priceline Express 4.5* Central Park South Rate 8/10 

300/night

Pets Allowed 

Non Smoking 

Restaurants 

Room choice 

3. 4.5 Rockefeller Center/ Bryant Park Rate 8/10 

261/ night 

Pets Allowed 

Fitness Center 

Non Smoking 

4. 4.5* Times Square  rate 9/10 ( changed from my previous post from rating 8/10 to 9/10) 

292/ night 

Pets 

Fitness Center 

Non Smoking 

restaurant 

# 3 and 4 are similar to ones I listed when I searched months ago, but now Times Square rated higher.. and Rockefeller center missing business center.. does this change the guesses? 

Thank you for all your help.... 

M

10 hours ago, MeShell81 said:

I am still checking for deals... 

Are you ready to book this trip now... what didn't you like about any of the previous hotels researched/guessed above?

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process, so please don't ask for hotel ID's until you're ready to book, as the hotels available 5+ months ago (or even 5 days ago) may not be the ones that are offered once you're ready to commit and make your purchase.

Guesses/comments for the hotels above (confirm all dates on the landing pages):

4* Central Park South for $240
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> no guess

4.5* Central Park South for $301
Pets Allowed
Restaurant

==> Warwick New York

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $261
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center

==> The Royalton

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $292
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> The Muse

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]