Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Even Hotel New York Times Square South

Jovsset
By Jovsset,
in

Hi,

First I like to say that this is an awesome forum.

We are coming to NYC in June and have never been her before. We are looking for a 4* hotel, check in 11th and check out on the 14th. Budget is up to $ 175 per night. Hotel breakfast is a must :)

Not familiar with New York but I am not such a fan of touristy areas, more of taking a walk with our kid and eat some great food. Areas we have been thinking of are:

Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen
Central Park South
Lower East Side - Chinatown
Chelsea Area
SoHo - Tribeca
West Village - Meatpacking - NYU
Union Square - East Village

Have not used HOTWIRE or PRICELINE before so I would be very grateful is you guys could help us out, thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for the compliments on the site :smile:)

To get started...

1 hour ago, Jovsset said:

Hotel breakfast is a must :)

I assume you mean that breakfast needs to be included (and not just that the hotel has a restaurant that offers breakfast)?  If so, note that free breakfast at 4* and higher rated hotels is a rarity throughout the country, and perhaps even more so in NYC.  If this is a must (rather than a want) then your options will be greatly limited.

On a more positive note, you can usually do breakfast fairly inexpensively in NYC.  Lots of bagel carts on every block selling bagels/donuts and a cup of coffee for like $1.50... but admittedly they're typically not very good; but you can go to a local deli that is offering freshly made egg sandwiches, platters, pancakes, etc. for just a few dollars, not to mention some great bagel shops where you can very affordably do breakfast for $3-$4/pp.

2 hours ago, Jovsset said:

with our kid

How old is your child?  NYC has a high percentage of rooms with only one bed and rooms with two beds or for more than double occupancy are usually considered to be an upgrade and cost a little more, but if you let us know the age of your kid we can be in a better position to suggest how much you may be able to 'push the limits' in this regard.

So let us know the age of your child and also if you're willing to forgo breakfast as a must have or not and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for such a quick reply.

As you mentioned that hotel breakfast is a rarity I think we can exclude that from the wishlist then, we can always stroll around and find a nice place to eat. Our child is turning two years this autumn,  he sleeps with us in the same bed.

I'm seeing what looks to be the Yotel - Times Square for $150/nite which gets very good reviews, and unlike what the name implies, it's actually quite a bit from Times Square (it's not in a touristy area, if anything i would say even slightly off the beaten path, but right near Ninth Ave which has a lot of restaurants, bakeries, etc... but it would be a long 2 block walk (7-8 minutes for an average adult, probably a bit longer with a child if tow).

At just over your budget, at $184/nite, i'm also seeing the Even Hotel New York Times Square South which is a brand new hotel that is getting excellent reviews and is well located just 1 1/2 blocks from Penn Station for easy subway access

Either of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there..

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep in mind that all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy and you could (likely) receive a room with only one bed.  As long as the bedding is OK for your needs i don't see the hotel having too much of an issue with a third occupancy that is less than 2 years old, but just be aware that technically your reservation is for double occupancy and given the size of NYC hotel rooms it could be a little tight.

If you'd like to move forward there is this 4.5* Madison Square Garden hotel for $181/nite (the price went down a few dollars) with a 9.0+ user review rating and the following amenities:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Even Hotel New York Times Square South

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received this property and hopefully are looking forward to your stay at this new, and extremely well reviewed, property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this hotel to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]