Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Boston Common - Theatre District) Boston Park Plaza Hotel

yooperann
By yooperann,
in

If you bid on PRICELINE you won't be able to target a specific hotel or location within the zone... with PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE you may be able to guess as to the hotel being offered and determine if it will be convenient for your needs.

Are you able to stay anywhere within the boundaries of the PRICELINE 'Boston Common - Theater District' zone?  If not and are hoping to target a more precise location within the zone, where exactly is it that you need to be?

What is your maximum budget? (before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.  I can certainly stay anywhere within the Theater District zone.  I would be delighted to stay below $200.  I see that on Hotwire I can get what is presumably the Boston Park Plaza for 167 (plus the evil resort fee, of course), but if I can get a better hotel at that price, or that hotel at a lower price, I'd be happier.  Otherwise I'll probably do the Hotwire.  (and yes, of course I'll use the link).  My target destination is the Boston Opera House, but I'll be with my 91 year old mother so we'll be taking cabs from wherever we are.  

What i think we're both guessing to the Boston Park Plaza is a 3.5 star hotel on HOTWIRE, so is the gameplan to try bidding on a 4* hotel and if that is rejected try for a 3.5* hotel?

If i have the above correct, am i also correct that you want to try bidding for a 4* hotel up to $200/nite, and if rejected, then try for a 3.5* up to $169/nite?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- and i applaud you for spending time with your mom and taking her to the opera :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Boston you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level there SEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would try as follows:

Select 4* Boston Common - Theatre District...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200, if the above is rejected close current browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Boston Common - Theatre District...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Well that was very interesting.  Neither Priceline bidding strategy worked for me.  But when I went back to Hotwire (using your link, of course) the price had actually gone down to 152, about $15 LESS than my last offer on Priceline.  So I went and upgraded my bed size and still got the Park Plaza, this time with a King bed, for 159.  I'll report that in the appropriate thread as well.  

The Hotwire price on this property had actually gone down from the first time I looked at it, so I was delighted that my $166 Priceline bid for a 3.5* had not been accepted.  I had the option to upgrade beds, and I went to a king for $159.  I could have also gotten double queens for $188.  Listed amenities are Pet Friendly, Business Center, Fitness Center, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet Access.  Accessibility amenities are in-room accessibility, wheelchair accessibility.  

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you received a nice deal for this stay and that this property will work well for your needs.

In the future you can post your win in the same thread using the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right of the page (it's no longer there since it can only be used once and is only visible by the OP of the thread)... but this will give you a form for the topic title to reflect your win and a place to provide the details of your purchase; the entire thread will also be moved automatically to the correct section of the board (if necessary)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip and enjoy the time with your mom.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]