Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (Deerfield) Hyatt Deerfield

MusicBoy
By MusicBoy,
in

I needed a hotel on my way from Racine, WI to the Chicago area. A number of areas would have worked. I had a 2 star cancelable back up at $60.59 inc tax in Deerfield, IL.

I had been watching the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals and there was a 3.5 in Deerfield with Free Internet and Free Parking that I was pretty sure was the Hyatt for $59 ($71 inc tax and Fees. I just happened to have an offer for an extra 10% off Express Deals which would have made this deal $66.21 inc. tax and fees.)

I decided to bid anyway. There are 3 Free Re-bid zones in Chicago North Shore area for a 3.5 giving me 8 bids. I had seen other winning bids reported  around $51 and $52 for this property so I started at $47 and went up in $1 increments until I won at $53. Including tax and fees the total was $64.85 so I only saved $1.36 by bidding instead of accepting the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal. However you can also look at it as upgrading from a 2 star to a 3.5 for $4.26.

I always treat these bookings like a game anyway so I am happy with result.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the hotel and deal you received and find it to be a good value at this price.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property is available fairly often for around $50-60 and - I think - is a tremendously good value at this price. Convenient, great area and very nice hotel that was given a pretty decent renovation in public areas not that long ago. Can get on the Expressway to go to Wisconsin right there, as well. There's also always Brat Stop (https://www.bratstop.com/) on way to Racine. 

Really not much of a "view" from rooms to speak of, but has always been quiet despite being in a busy area. 

Enjoy your stay.

I am at the hotel now and it is very nice. Well worth the money that I bid. I'm only here for the one night and will likely not be in the area anytime in the near future.

The room I received is what I would call a suite-like as there is a sitting area with a TV that swivels between the sitting area (couch two leather ([maybe faux], a large desk) and a second room as the bedroom. It reminds me more of a Hyatt Place room. In any case it's nice.

I did just want to comment further that although I received this room by bidding, I checked the Priceline Express deal immediately after booking and it had gone up from $59 to $63. So I now presume that the hotel/priceline room/revenue yield management systems are interconnected.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]