Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying 4* in Georgetown (says pet friendly??)

alaskanjackal
By alaskanjackal,
in

Looking for a 2-night stay tomorrow night (5/6-5/8), and there's a 4* in Georgetown for $79.

I'm having trouble matching the amenities. The biggest thing that's throwing me for a loop is the fact that it's being advertised as "pet-friendly."

As far as I can tell, from HW's regular listings, only two 4* hotels even allow pets (for $100 and $250 per stay, respectively): the Melrose and the Global Luxury Suites at Foggy Bottom.

But none of the BetterBidding 4* results (http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?app=hotel_lists&tid=91) even mentions pets. The Melrose is listed there as a 4.5* and does mention being pet-friendly--perhaps did the Melrose get re-flagged as a 4* on HW?

Also, what are the chances of getting a room with 2 beds?

From the Easy View tab:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

While looking at other options, the price on this went up from $79 to $87, so it's no longer price-competitive with some of the other (admittedly less glamorous) options where we can guarantee 2 beds. Unless it comes back down, we'll go with something else.

Might want to look and see, though, if the Melrose should be reclassified as a 4* based on this info.

My best guess for the 4* HOTWIRE offer above would be the Westin Georgetown.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

If you decide to forgo PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for this stay, please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]