Priceline Hotel: 4.5 - 5* Chicago help

hundurinn
By hundurinn,
in

Hello,

I'm travelling to Chicago on 9/1 - 9/6. I've never been to Chicago before so I'm not quite sure in which area to stay. We would like to stay close to shops and restaurants but don't mind walking 15-20 minutes as long as the we are not in a shady neighbourhood. We also would like to stay in at least 4* hotel but would prefer higher star rating. Our budget is up to $150 per night excluding taxes.

I'm seeing a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at Priceline for $138 a night a 4,5* hotel at the Magnificent Mile - Gold Coast Area that has the following amenities: 

Pets allowed

Free internet

Non Smoking

Business center

Indoor or outdoor pool

Restaurant

Fitness center.

Also in name your own price I'm seeing for the same area a 5* hotel that has the minimum amenities:

Indoor or outdoor pool

Pets allowed

Fitness center

Business center

Guest review 8.0 or higher.

Any help identifying the hotels and other great deals that could fit our bill would be very appreciated

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be the W Chicago Lakeshore... a slight chance of the Omni, but i believe the W Lakeshore is the more likely of the two.

As for the 'Name Your Own Price' hotel, those are amenities that are offered at every hotel of this star rating in the zone... not one specific hotel that you would be bidding on.  In fact, at this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can see all 5* hotels reported to the board in this zone in our Priceline Hotel List.  However, be sure to note the comments at the top of the hotel list as the list should by no means be considered finite (given upgrades, downgrades, and new hotels being added to the system at any time no list could ever be considered finite)... and there could still be others.  A quick search i'm think the Four Seasons, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Waldorf, etc. are all other possibilities in this zone at the 5* level (although no evidence that any of these participate with the bidding side of PRICELINE's service)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is always a chance, but at current rates for these dates i think it is very unlikely ... for a 5* hotel my guess is that you would need to be closer to the $250-$275 area.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

My recommendation would be to stay near the river or North of the river. Parts of the Loop area are office-heavy and can be fairly empty later at night and on the weekends. If you are in the West portion of the Loop area on a weekend it's not unusual to see things like Starbucks closed on Saturday and/or Sunday.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE

4.5* River North $143  Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

-- Likely James

4.5* NP-Millennium Park $137 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Fairmont.

I'd lean towards the James, but either would be a fine option. I'm very familiar with the city, let me know if you have any questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]